Monday, June 10, 2013

More lake love

Why is it that the things you want to slow down, speed up, and the things you want to speed up, slow down? I have never really understood it.

All I know is I am sitting here checking out the date and it is June 10th. What the what?! I thought I just got out of school last week and now it is nearing the middle of June. My to do list has somehow managed to stand still. So much for summer projects getting knocked out left and right.

I wish I could tell you what I have been up to since last Monday, but it seems like such a blur. I swear this summer on straight up ffwd mode and I don't like it one single bit.

I did start a six week workout program last Monday and have actually followed through for an entire week. Shocker!


I even made a facebook page dedicated to it but vowed not to publish it until I hit 30 days of pure awesomeness. FYI: I tried this once and totally failed the first time and deleted every little thing. Crossing my fingers for a different result this time.

Other than that we went camping this weekend with my husbands work crew. This weekend also marked the first time ever sleeping in a tent since girl scouts. Actually I'm pretty sure that tent experience ended up with most of us in my parent's camper because we got scared.


Anyway. It was heavenly. As you probably know, I am in love with the lake. Or any big body of water for that matter. So being at the lake laying out, having some drinks, hanging out with girls, and sitting by the campfire was pretty much amazing.

What happens at the lake, stays at the lake.

The Guys. (Picture was taken by Meg)
Some of the gals. (Edited by Meg, I couldn't find the original one)
And going back to sleeping in our tent, I am pretty sure we about got thrown out of it. The wind was going about 500 mph it felt like and our tent was shimmy shaking all night. I kept thinking someone was going to kidnap us or that we were going to get blown to the Land of Oz. Lucky for us, neither happened.


While we were gone, we had to take Piper to get boarded for the first time ever. I hated every little second of that. I felt like I was abandoning a child, even though I'm sure she could have cared less. Needless to say, I am going to try really hard to not let that happen again. For my sake. I can't take that anxiety.

And your welcome for all of the people who were tired of seeing my lake pictures. I know it gets old after seven days.

HAPPY MONDAY!

4 comments:

Erin said...

Good luck with your 6 week bootcamp! Hope you get to share some awesome results with us all! :) Go girl!!

And seriously, put me by any body of water and I'm a happy gal too-- now I've lost the small amount of concentration I had today!

Corie said...

Good luck with the boot camp! And I agree that life is just FLYING by lately!

Our group of friends is going camping the first weekend in August and it'll be my first time legit camping... Lord help us haha

Amber said...

Love the lake pictures. Looks perfect!

Good luck with the boot camp. You'll do awesome!

Through Crystal's Eyes said...

Time really does seem to go by SO fast. June? Really? But at least you get some great time off. We rented an RV last time we went "camping"...I think our tent days are over. :)

Crystal
http://livewithcrystal.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...