Wednesday, June 12, 2013

little things

Sometimes (most times) it's the smallest of small things that fire me up and make me happy.

It is summer time so obviously school is out, which means I get a couple of months to breath.

I have had a lot of time on my hands and I finally have a few minutes to really take everything in instead going one hundred billion miles per hour every single day. It's quite heavenly. I'm pretty sure I've already noted that though.

So today I just wanted to sit back, kick up my feet (well, not really, it would be quite hard to type with my feet on my desk), and talk about the things that just tickle my fancy on a day to day basis at this moment in time.

I could go on for days on things that make me smile but here are a few that may be a little out of the ordinary.

Yellow Flowers + Turquoise Pot


I love the fact that now that I am all sorts of grown up, or something like that, that I can finally plant flowers of my own at my own house. It's a beautiful thing that clearly I am not very good at.

However, my mom and I found these flowers and I just love the yellow vs. turquoise. And if you know me, I am in all sorts of lust with turquoise right now.


I would have posted the hanging basket my dad got me for my birthday, but the wind storm decided to knock it over while we were out of town and now it is no longer with us. Sorry dad. I still have it on our deck hoping for a miracle.

I did love it though and most of all loved that you got it for me. Hey, our crazy flower addicted neighbors even complimented it. That just....doesn't happen.

Our Freshly Mowed Green Lawn


Jeff and our lawn have a thing going on. He takes some pretty great pride in our lawn because when we first moved in it was entirely dead. And now, well, you can see that it is pretty perdy.

For some very odd reason I love watching him mow that lawn and make our house look a million times better. Something about a freshly mowed lawn just makes me smile. Or maybe it's because he looks so good doing it? Who knows.

Morning Coffee


During the school year I was never able to drink coffee and actually enjoy it. 

I was always running late so I always had my coffee on the go. And chugging coffee before you get to school isn't exactly my idea of relaxing. It was mostly survival.

Now that I can wake up whenever in the world I want, it is pretty much the best thing ever to get to enjoy my coffee in peace and take my time doing so.

 If I want a whole pot? Sure, why not, I have all the time in the world. Okay I would probably die, but two cups sitting on the couch watching TV with the coolest dog in the world... Not bad. Not bad at all.

TV vs. Alarm Clock


Speaking of mornings, I am pretty much a big fan of morning TV now. That makes me sound old, but well, what can ya do? And sorry if you are not a feet fan, but this is part of why I love the mornings. I can literally put my feet up and wake up the right way, not the alarm clock way.

Kelly and Michael are the best way ever to start your day. Is it just me or is Kelly the coolest person you have never met? I freaking love her.

Hanging Out with My Baby Girl


While the husband is away, the girls will play. Or if you are a dog, then sleep all day. Oh man what a rhyme. 

This dog is something else. I know I talk about her far too often, but I don't have a kid so Piper is everywhere instead. She sure feels like a kid to me.

Whatever I am doing, wherever I am doing it.....she is there. Right there. Like, two feet away. I cannot even go to the bathroom without her following me in there and laying on the rug.

If I am in my little office doing who knows what, she sits right outside the door sleeping until I am done. If I am working out in the basement she lays right next to the treadmill or on the couch watching and waiting.

I love it and had no idea what the impact of a dog could be like. Well, my own dog that is. It sounds unreal crazy, I realize this, but she just makes us so flipping happy it's silly.

Anyway, there ya have it. 

Now I'm off to actually get something productive done. 

Happy Wednesday to you all!!

4 comments:

ashleigh said...

i love all of this, and that is how i feel when i work swing shift.. i get to sleep in..watch morning tv, hang with the pup...but then i eventually have to go to work.. but relaxing all day is my fave

Amber said...

Enjoying my coffee is my favorite! I think it's why I love weekends so much since I don't have to chug it like I do during the week.

I love morning TV too. #oldladiesunite ;)

Kristin said...

Nothing I love more than chilling with my dog! <3

Allison said...

Yay for having a break! Happy summer friend! And yes, Kelly is the coolest person ever. Haha.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...