Monday, June 3, 2013

first week of summer vaca

I never knew how awesome summers could be until I didn't have to work during them.

It's really quite heavenly. No schedule. No where to be (that's not fun). No stress.

I could really get used to this.

This past week I stayed at the lake with my mom, aunts, and brother. During that week we did a lot of relaxing, went to Eureka Springs, laid out on the dock, and even a little birthday celebration.


One of the bests part about my parent's lake house (other than it being right on the lake and perfectly awesome) is that it is so close to other things we love.

Roaring River, where we go a few times every year to camp, is only twenty minutes away and Branson is about forty minutes away. Yes, I realize that if you are not from Kansas, Missouri, or anywhere from around here then you have no idea what I am talking about. I guess that just means you need to come see for yourself!

 

Going to Roaring River is one of my hands down favorite things to do. This place has been putting up with years, as we have been going since before I was even born. It's not often where you get to spend time at the same place your parents did growing up.

Needless to say, this place rocks.

Another place that I found out kind of rocked was Rogers, AR. Heck, I didn't even know there was anything in Arkansas. 

There was some birthday shopping and I even got to meet my new little cousin who is somehow already about one! Whoa.




Now I'm ready to get back to the lake and actually be able to get in!

Until then, I will enjoy this beautiful thing called summer and finally get some stuff done. We can only hope.




10 comments:

Becky said...

That place looks awesome!! Happy summer!!

MonicaLeeBlog said...

Omg that looks SOO relaxing and peaceful. YAY for summer breaks!! Glad you're enjoying it pretty girl ;]

Erin said...

Soooo nice- wish my parents had a lake house ;)I'd never leave!!

I didn't think there was anything in Arkansas either! My in-laws just moved there and I'm still trying to figure out why lol

Amber said...

Looks so wonderful! Happy belated birthday - lucky you were already off work, huh? ;) xoxo

Chloe said...

It's so nice reading about Branson from another blogger! Lol. People not from this area just don't get it. Here's to Midwest bloggers!

Liza said...

Looks sweet! Now I want to teach just to have summers off... love your blog, I'd love to follow you on Instagram! Username is lizap03 =)

Emily said...

first of all, where is that picture of the clear blue water? I know its close to my stomping grounds and I want to go there!!

second of all, how did I not know you were in ROGERS ARKANSAS?!!! that's where I am!!!

glad you enjoyed it :)

Em

Kristin said...

Wish I was at that beautiful lake! Enjoy your summer girl

Kirsten said...

love the lake - and love Eureka Springs - it's where i got married :)
Happy Summer!

Anonymous said...

That place looks like so much fun! How gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...