Friday, July 19, 2013

Easiest teacher toolbox, ever

So of course when something hits pinterest, it is like a virus.

That is exactly what the "teacher toolbox" has become. I have no idea who started it, but they are a genius. I could see these little boxes being useful for WAY MORE than teacher supplies. However, they are the perfect solution to a very crowded desk.

This can be found in the tool organization section at Lowes or Home Depot (I'm sure other stores like those as well).

Side Note: Yes, some are crooked but that will be fixed when I put the clear tape on. Also, some don't have labels. That is because I need to wait until I get into the classroom to see what else I can put in there!


Um, excuse me Piper. Attention hog.


 Another side note: They come in blue. Like a really manly looking blue. And I just wasn't down for that. I have this weird thing with colors and I just couldn't do it. Therefore, I painted that bad boy white. So if you are wondering why this looks different, that is why. And let me tell you, it made me about 10x more happy. Oh the little things.

Anyway, that it neither here nor there...you don't have to do that part.

When I was browsing other teacher's toolboxes, I noticed they went to A LOT of work making them look really cute while making a whole spreadsheet (typed that spreadshit first, and that is exactly how I feel about spreadsheets) of labels exactly the right size for each spot.

Me? Girl doesn't have time for all that. I am still in my lazy summer mood and just didn't have the energy to go to all that effort. Mine may not be as fancy, but it is much quicker and I love it...so I guess that is all that counts.

So what did I do to make it not look like a boring white box?



Well I did what any normal person would do. I would look in my purse to find all of the shades of turquoise paint chips I had hijacked from Lowes and use those instead. I mean, who doesn't do that?

All I did was stick them in the tray, fold it over to see where I needed cut it off, and snip snip...it was ready to go. There was enough left over to use for the little drawers so it worked out perfectly.



NOTE: I did glue them in there with stick glue just for now. When I get back to school, I will take them on the back with clear tape to ensure they stay. But the glue keeps them there for the time being.

As for the labels, I used my handy dandy label maker - (that I am slightly in love with AND on sale) and they fit perfectly on the top of the drawer. If you don't have one, well you need one, but you can always put a label on the paint chip or heck even just write it.


Anyway, that is how I whipped out the teacher toolbox in a matter of minutes.

And now I am so happy, happy, happy.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I need to make one of these before the new school year starts! So great! Love the paint sample idea. I also need to get a label maker STAT. It's a crime that I don't have one really. :)

Allison said...

OH I love this idea. Where'd you get the actual box?!

Meg O. said...

Love this!!! And I also love that you fancied it up very simply. I ain't got time for extensive DIY-ing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...