Sunday, July 14, 2013

Somebody stop me

...because I have the school supply fever.

The other day, more like a week ago I guess, I walked into the dreaded Walmart and saw something that made me shudder and smile all at the same time.

The school supplies were getting put out. Row by row, isle by isle, cluttering the entire front of Walmart.


Can it be that soon until school starts? I had an instant panic attack thinking of all of the things school related I had planned to do this summer and put on the waist side because I was too busy having fun and relaxing.



Then I did what any teacher or school supply obsessed person does, I went in. And went out with folders in every color and dry erase pouches in every color. And then I walked out before I did something crazy.



Of course I had to go to Target as well. Holy guacamole, that dollar spot. I had to tell myself to walk away, just walk away.


So now I am motivated to start rocking out some school crafts and ready to get our new curriculum on Tuesday. Well, ready isn't exactly the word I'm looking for. But I'll take stocking up on school supplies I probably don't need over actually having to start waking up at 5:45.

Who else is a school supply/office supply lover?


4 comments:

LWLH said...

I'm not even a teacher or in school and I get a flurry of excitement when I see all the school supplies out.

Corie said...

School supply shopping used to be one of my favorite events of the year and for the first time in 18 years I'm not going back to school! I still can't resist though.. I'll use it next year right ;)

Kristin said...

I get a rush when I go school supply shopping!! I love it! It's the teacher & office supply lover in me. I just bought more pens tonight in Target (in fun colors) because they ALWAYS go missing at work!

Amber said...

I'm addicted to office supplies! They're my favorite aisles at the stores. I am THIS close to becoming a teacher just so I have more reason to hoard the supplies ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...