Wednesday, July 3, 2013

the time I actually completed a big goal

First can I just say, BLOGGER TRIP TO NYC to see Kelly and Michael?!

I can NO idea so many people loved them as much as I do. Gosh that makes me so happy.

On another note, July 3rd, WOW. Can that even be possible? Fastest summer of my life by far. It's crazy to think this time last summer we were finishing up all of our wedding details and last minute to-dos.

And this summer? Well I'm just relaxing to the max.


Well.....not always relaxing.

You see on June 3rd something weird happened. You may have heard me talk briefly about it before. I thought to myself on that day, I am GOING to change my lifestyle. I was tired of being tired and knew I had no more excuses to use now that school was over.

And I have taken baby steps to get there. Baby steps are what motivate me the most. Setting very, very small manageable goals helped me so much. Heck, it's what got me through even the yuckiest, stinkiest, laziest days. I knew I just had to get up and move whether I liked it or not.

That is the ONLY way I can get anywhere. Maybe that's just me though. I can't just say, "I am going to stop eating processed food." Let's get real, that's impossible to just quit cold turkey. Or heck even at all.

I wanted to change my unhealthy habits, to healthier ones. Even if it meant slowly doing it so I did it right, and did it as a lifestyle change instead of a week change. Ya feel me? And that did not mean killing myself by not eating ANYTHING unhealthy.

Yes, I've had some drinks. Yes, I've eaten bad things. Point is, I let it happen occasionally in moderation. I don't want to go bonkers here. Baby steps, remember.

So anyway. As a way to keep track and motivate myself, I started a facebook page and kept it private. I told myself that I WOULD NOT, COULD NOT post this baby until I could go a month with working on these changes and living a "mostly" healthy lifestyle. Or more like get up and MOVE every day and eat as healthy as I knew how.


Well today marks a MONTH from that June 3rd day. I have gone 30 days of the challenge to change my lifestyle. I work out 4-5 times a week. Move MORE. Feel SO MUCH BETTER. Just overall pumped that I got this far. Because honestly, I only usually last a week. And I can't believe I set a goal and knocked it out.

So I decided to keep the facebook page open. I kept it open and published it so I could not only motivate myself still, but so others could motivate each other and me. Not only with fitness, but with LIFE. Making each other feel GOOD.

I called the Page (don't laugh) MoveIt (with Molly). To encourage anyone who wants to be encouraged to just MOVE IT, no matter what way, shape, or form. And to not be defeated with baby steps. It takes baby steps to make big changes. At least I think so.

Anyway, JOIN the page if you would like and we can rock it out together! Bow chicka ow ow!


3 comments:

Raquel said...

That's so awesome!! It always feels amazing having a little change in your life

Amber said...

Joining now! I am like you - I usually only last a week, 2 tops, before I quit. I need something to keep me motivated. Good job girl!

Unknown said...

Way to go! I do ok at eating well it is the exercise I have the hardest time with.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...