Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Husband approved BBQ chicken quinoa salad

Coming to you is a husband approved meal that is good for ol' belly. A healthy alternative that we have on the regular.

When I cooked this for the very first time it was even facebook worthy from Jeff. Patting myself on the back for that.

The original recipe can be found here. I adapted it a little but only because I forgot onions at the store (every single time I have cooked it). Not that I actually even like onions, but I was going to try it out with them. Even though I probably would have been in the kitchen 15 hours chopping them until they were microscopic.

I feel kind of funny posting her recipe on my blog since I really didn't change much, so if you would like the recipe, click on that little linky and there you have it! Pure goodness, and bbqness, and yumminess and all.

Jeff has literally said (every single time), "Dang, that's good!" So if I were you, I'd get the recipe and get to cooking. Like, yesterday.




My Plate vs. His



And let me tell you, there are leftovers for days! Score!


5 comments:

Young and Fabulous said...

AH this looks SO good!!

my bf cannot stand quinoa for some reason haha but i bet if it was like this, he wouldnt even know the difference!

thanks for sharing it!!!

xoxoox

Pretty Zesty said...

That looks so good I'll have to try it!

kristen
www.beholdthemetatron.com

Anonymous said...

This looks SO good! I think my boyfriend might actually try quinoa if I make this!

Amber said...

Mmm, this looks yummy! I'm always looking for boy approved meals, too! I've never had quinoa.. maybe this will be my first one!

Kristin said...

Looks amazing! Will try this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...