Wednesday, April 11, 2012

brain fart

Well lately I've been having a real brain fart. Yes, a  brain fart. I just cannot think of anything to write for the life of me. Nothing. Not a thing. Even though I did like Katie's suggestion of writing about Jeff's cute butt. Sadly, I couldn't find the pictures to back it up. Too bad.

So instead I thought I'd just share why I was having these brain issues and lack of time. You see, right now I kind of feel like I'm in the swimming pool treading water for more time than I'd like, and pretty much...exhausted.

the promise of the pinky...now he has to love me at my worst :)

That, in a sense, is kind of how I'm feeling. Just, exhausted. All the time. I praise you mommas and wives (and many other of you out there super duper busy all the time). But right now I'm just feeling like my plate is kind of extra full. I feel like I should be doing so many things that I'm half assing most of the things I do, and really not getting anything done. These all do not make me all sorts of happy inside.

I am trying to finish my internship, find a place to live, find a job, pack all my stuff up, plan a wedding, and finish my grad classes.

But do you know why it's okay?

Because I have a family who supports and does everything they can to help me, have a fiance who motivates and loves me, and have a God who gives me strength in this small storm I feel like I'm in.

These moments of exhaustion and hopelessness have really shown me the beauty of the people in my life. Even at my very worst, they love me still the same. It's hard to even fathom sometimes. Especially when my mood gets the best of me. Yikes.

I just feel extremely blessed. And extremely ready for May 2nd. 

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how you feel sometimes! I'm in nursing school and I hate having to choose school and studying over so many other important things in my life! But it will all be over shortly ;) Good luck with everything!!

Sunnidaegregory.blogspot.com

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I've been there before girlie! I know how you feel.. I was working full-time (actually more cause I was on call 24/7, so it was like 50 hours a week). I was lucky that my job counted as my internship. I was getting my masters degree too, planning a wedding, packing up my apartment to move in with my fiancé, etc.. It was such a busy, difficult, and trying part of my life. I literally had NO time. I was working until 10pm, cause my client couldn't see me until after 6. My fiancé had to pack up the majority of my apartment, cause I couldn't. It sucked!

These times will pass, and you'll forget all about it once you are married! You'll make it through :)

Kay said...

Want to know why I love reading your blog? Because you find a way to put a positive spin on EVERYTHING. I strive to be like this every day, and it's good to know that there is someone out there who can do it successfully. You are so blessed!!

Also, I might come crying to you to help me find my happy place when I am up to my eyeballs in grad school work/have a toddler/husband that needs me WAHHH!!

Basically you have it all figured out in terms of what's important and that's what is going to make things work out just AMAZINGLY!

Erin said...

It always seems like life can pile up SUPER fast sometimes. I hear ya girl.... I always am saying I need a "vacation" just to stay home, catch up on things like bills, housework, the yard, etc etc!

Hang in there though- like you said, you've got a lot of blessings backing you up :)

Ps- Just found you on Twitter!! @Emags55

Kelly said...

Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I try to focus really hard on finishing up, completing, giving my attention to (etc) the little things-- like folding my laundry and hanging up every last bit of my clothes. Or making sure that the living room is completely picked up before going to bed, etc. When I complete projects, I feel SOOO much less-stressed!! And when I'm at work and I have a bahjillion things on my to-do list, I try REALLY hard to just do ONE task at a time and complete it 100%. I'm the type that multitasks at sooo many projects that are always in limbo, never completed, etc. It sucks! And it stresses me out!

Hang in there, Molly! :-) You can do it!

Kate @ Classy Living said...

First of all, I adore the pinky promise engagement picture. I will most definitely be using it as inspiration when I get my photos done! It's especially meaningful for me, too, because my boyfriend made me pinky swear not to break up with him when we were a few months into our relationship :)

Secondly, keep pushing through these last few weeks of school! As a fellow almost-graduate of a teaching program, I can totally relate to the feelings of uncertainty. I'm trying desperately to put everything in God's hands...but we all know that is so much easier said than done!

Jeannie said...

i know how you feel....so many things on my mind too. i hope that you find some peace and some strength through God :) i'll be praying that you can relax a little! :)

Raquel said...

Ugh i know how you feel girl. I go through these brain farts quite often haha

Janet said...

My dear sweet niece, do you need to pack right now? Cn't you focus on school and wait until you are done.? Have your moma come up and help you! You like to plan so plan your schedule. You are so close to finishing, hang in there! Love you! I am so proud of you! Trust and have faith!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...