Friday, April 27, 2012

my heart is so full

Well hello there. I know I've been in hiding this whole week, but for good reason.

This, as you know, was my very last week in my college town. My last day of my internship/student teaching. And my last day in the place I've called home for the past five years. It's been emotional for me, but this week has went by so fast I barely had time to really, truly think about what I was leaving behind.


All I could think about was what was to come. On Wednesday morning, I did my usual applying for jobs while the kids were in specials routine. This one was a little different because I got a call around 11:45 asking me if I could come interview for that position....that night, two hours away.

So I left school early and darted to my "future" town. I had to pick up a shirt as most all of clothes had been moved home so I had nothing to wear. So I hit up the tarjay and called it a day. Sadly it wasn't that easy. I decided to try to enter the address of the school in my GPS at a stop light and when they "moved up" I thought they were going. So long story short I ran into a AAA truck, who was a complete _____. You get it. Luckily the police officer was balls to the wall awesome and made life easier for me. And thank goodness Jeff was with me or there may have been a knuckle sandwich going on.

Only bad part was....it was 6:45 and my interview started at 6:45. F.A.I.L. So after I wiped away my frustrated tears, I drove to get changed and made it to the interview by 7:00. She was happily waiting on me, but all I felt was defeated and unprepared. The interview went well, but we shall see what comes of it. I am leaving that in God's hands and in his alone. It's time for me to stop trying to know what's best for myself.

Anyyyyyyyyyyyway. 

 --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So then came Thursday. My very last day with my kiddos and staff. Bittersweet it was. Of course I cried about three times that day when the faculty and students shared sweet conversations with me and gave me some very meaningful gifts that I will treasure.

A teacher's dream!

Coolest card I've eve received. All signed by my students.
It was been a whirlwind of a year but I honestly wouldn't have had it any other way. Even on the days I wanted to strangle people, those days are what made the good ones so much sweeter. My heart was so full yesterday.

My teacher & resource teacher got me this beast of a laminating machine. Oh.my.gosh.
Not only was I supported by my kiddos and staff, I also felt so loved from my family {per usual}. Jeff sent me some "last day of school" flowers, my parents welcomed me with open arms as I arrived home and gave encouraging words, and I received a call from my aunty. They have all been amazing during my ups and downs this year and have encouraged me even when it seemed (I'm sure) almost impossible at times to do.

Flowers from my main squeeze.
The love and support that are on my side are just unbelievable to me. Each word, I hold very deep in my heart. It sounds stupid, but I mean that. My heart was so full and I have so many people to thank for that. Even when it should have be sinking, it was the happiest it had been in quite some time.

This one got to me. Because I 100% know she meant everything she said.
A sign the para painted for me that has the faculty's notes of encouragement on the back. Such a meaningful gift to me.

And now it's time for wedding planning, bikini bathing, and working it ooooooooout.

Thanks for all of you who have also supported me on this journey, it means more than you know. And I look forward to being back in action!

Much love,

15 comments:

Kay said...

Congrats girl!! Must feel so good to be done - bittersweet, but good! It always feels so overwhelmingly wonderful to feel like hard work pays off :) Enjoy it!!

Kate @ Classy Living said...

Congratulations on finishing up with everything! Like you said, it's all in God's hands. Like the Sanctus Real song "These Things Take Time" says, be sure to live out the questions and soak up every moment!

Charlotte said...

Those gifts are so sweet! Now time to relax and have some Molly time! Enjoy it and congrats on finishing!!

Syndal said...

aw that is SO sweet! congratulations girl!

Rachel said...

You have been so blessed! Children's words and encouragement can be some of the most simple and best kinds :) I hope you get the job! And good luck with the wedding planning!!

Kati - Incorporating Color said...

Congratulations on being done, you made it! It's an exciting and scary time! It's great that you're trusting in God in this tumultuous time- He has a plan for you (Jer. 29:11). :)

Kristin said...

sounds like an emotional week girlie. congrats on finishing. I will pray the right job falls in your lap!! enjoy a little break for now

Raquel said...

Congrats on everything girly!! It seemed like it was quite the emotional and rough week, but good for you for pulling through!

Fingers crossed you get the job!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats! The next part of your life will be even better!!!

There is NOTHING better than a basket full of great supplies (esp for those of us who are addicted to school supplies)! Oh and I def have that laminator and it is pretty fantastic!!

Kristin said...

Congrats on finishing student teaching! What awesome gifts you got! :)

Kristin said...

I totally cried on my last day of student teaching. It's my second year teaching 4th grade, and I love my class this year. So I know I'll completely bawl on the last day. It's hard to let them go! Congratulations on finishing out your student teaching and I hope that job comes your way soon :)

daniwhitney said...

Congrats, Molly!

Neely said...

Those little gifts are too cute!!

Amanda said...

Amazing, Molly! I can see why you cried three times that day. All the gifts were so unbelievably thoughtful! I can't even stand it! Congrats on finishing, and fingers crossed that a job comes your way soon!

Erin said...

Oh my goodness! I would have been a crybaby all day too ;) What sweet gifts and encouragement from your teachers/students/family/everyone!

Good luck in this next chapter of life. It's a very scary but exciting time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...