Monday, April 9, 2012

easter at the lake

So this past weekend ended too soon. Or maybe I just always say that on Monday? Probably. Either way, it ended and I sure didn't want it to.

We spent the weekend at a lake near my home town camping Friday - Sunday. There is just nothing like camping to me. Maybe it's because I've grown up going every year since I was in the ol' diapers, but I just love it so darn much.

The weekend consisted of eating, fishing, lounging, church and more eating. We had a fish fry Saturday and the best ever Easter meal on Sunday {cooked by none other than the best Momma Easter bunny}. Just because we were camping she was not about to let Easter slip by without some home cookin', even if it was made inside the camper.

Summed up, it was a big ball of happiness that I want to do over and over and over again. I think we should keep this whole Easter camping thing. Nothing like spending time with the people you love doing something that makes you smile mile wide. Nope, nothing like it.

Friday- Grilled Shrimp + Asparagus + Baked Potato + Wine

Mr. Pro Fisherman on the right!

My brand spankin' new pink lover.
How was your Easter?

HAPPY MONDAY!

14 comments:

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

The weekend went way too fast! Great shots, that shrimp looks aaaamazing!

Xx Kelly

LWLH said...

What a fun way to spend Easter.

Melissa said...

haha love the pink pole! camping looks like a blast! i cant wait for summer!! :)

Raquel said...

So glad you had a great Easter!! Looks so fun!

Laura Darling said...

Looks like you had such a nice Easter! It sure is beautiful there!

Lindsey said...

what a fun filled perfect Easter !!! :)

Janet said...

We do the best family! Love the pink fishing pole!

Janet said...

We do the best family! Love the pink fishing pole!

Anonymous said...

Wanted: that plate of food (sans the apsaragus), that glass of wine, AND your pink fishing pole! Super jealous :)

Amanda C. said...

I wanna go camping. I like your fishing pole. Maybe if I had a pink one it would make me better at fishing. ;)

Anonymous said...

why are you so freakin cute? and what lake were you at? Im convinced kansas has zero bodies of water.

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great long weekend! I heart camping, and I love that you have a pink fishing pole, you rock :) That's all.

Syndal said...

that food looks awesome! glad you had a good weekend!

Kelly said...

SO glad you like camping because this girl hates it ;-) But fishing and grilling and family time?? THAT I all love ;-D Looks like a blast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...