Monday, April 23, 2012

movin' & cakin'

Well, it's official...I am 92.55% moved out of where I currently am and into my house at home.

I don't think it's really hit me yet that I'm leaving my "home away from home". This town has given me more than I ever even dreamed of and it's crazy that it all comes to an end in just three short days.


I'm Excited. Sad. Anxious.

Just yesterday I remember bawling like a baby when my parents pulled out of my dorm driveway, leaving me behind to start a new chapter in my little book. And now I am going to be bawling like a baby as I close that chapter behind me.

However, I'm excited to move on and ready for the things to come in the next few months. Very excited. I mean, I'm getting married! Holy Mama! And little brother is graduating. My cousin is getting married. We are going camping to my favorite place on earth for a week. And much more that I have to look forward to.


So anyway...yesterday Jeff and I got to meet with our cake lady. As we were greeted at the door with cake, I can't say it was too bad! We got to sit down and try out the chocolate and vanilla cake, with whatever frosting was on it. I have no idea what the name was. All I know was Jeff was loving it because he ate his and most of mine.

I knew what I wanted our cake to look like so it was a done deal in just 30 minutes. Jeff's grooms cake was also a quickie. A Jayhawk. Obviously. Oh and of course he wanted some chocolate s'more filling! Too bad I can't bake with a darn because that would save an arm, a leg, and maybe even a kidney!

something very similar to this  beaut. seriously love it.

It's so fun to see everything coming together piece by piece and getting ready for the biggest game day of 2012. And in 3 short days, the real planning will begin!

P to the S....How handsome does little brother look on his very LAST prom day ever?! He can stop growing now. No but really.



Much love,

18 comments:

Kelly { MessyDirtyHair } said...

Omg that cake looks fabulous!!! It's so pretty!

henning love said...

congrats on taking those big steps and even when it is hard they are worth it and help you grow as a person. and wow that jade green dress your brother's prom date is wearing is gorgeous. meeting with the cake is definitely one of the best parts!!

Megan said...

Love the wedding cake! My groom's cake will be the pay heed banner from Allen field house, I think I am more excited about the groom's cake then the wedding cake haha!

Amber said...

So fun! It's always hard leaving a place where you made so many memories, but you're going to make even better memories now :)

Raquel said...

Awww I totally know how you feel about moving out. It's so hard, but SO exciting at the same time!

That cake is gorgeousssss!

daniwhitney said...

It's bittersweet moving out! Love your cake though, very pretty!!!

Tiffany said...

Congrats n finishing up with school. Lots of great things are coming your way.

Neely said...

Great things coming your way friend!

Madison Claire said...

That cake is stunning! Congrats on this new chapter in your life!

Laura Darling said...

You have so many exciting things coming up! That cake is beautiful...I think picking out the cake would be such a fun part of the wedding process! I live in Philadelphia and NO ONE does groom's cakes up here. Kind of a bummer because I love to see on the tv shows what kind everyone picks!

Laura Darling said...

You have so many exciting things coming up! That cake is beautiful...I think picking out the cake would be such a fun part of the wedding process! I live in Philadelphia and NO ONE does groom's cakes up here. Kind of a bummer because I love to see on the tv shows what kind everyone picks!

Lindsey said...

I know the feeling. No matter when I move, I always get sad when it comes time to say goodbye to a chapter of your life/memories. LOVE that cake!!! Oh, and bro bear is presh! Are short prom dresses now "in" these days? I'm out of the loop.

Megan at Megan Can said...

Moving away from college is so bittersweet! It's such a weird feeling driving away from a place you spent so much of your time growing up at! However such exciting things are coming your way! & going back & visiting your college town after you've left is such an amazing & exciting thing & makes you truly appreciate all the times you spent there!

Oh & my baby brother has his last Prom in a couple of weeks! It's unreal to me that he's old enough to be graduating high school...I'm in MAJOR denial!

Mrs. Mama said...

What an exciting time in your life. I can totally understand why you are feeling the way you are... but believe me, it's a new chapter and it will bring bigger and better things in your life.

p.s. your brother is so precious! my sister is going on 18... and I just can't believe it!

Amanda said...

Little Brother looks so handsome! I love the cake that you chose! So elegant and pretty, just like you :) I have NO CLUE what I would want my cake to look like. Not that that will happen anytime soon!

Cami said...

What flavor cake will you be having in yours? :)
Your bro & his date are beautiful..too cute :)
Moving away is definitely tough but your next chapter will be SO exciting <3

Brandy Bruce said...

That cake looks amazing! Now I'm craving cake!

Kristin said...

that is a gorgeous cake!! we are doing that part next week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...