Monday, June 6, 2011

A Wedding and Sun-Filled Weekend

It's funny how in Kansas the weather goes from -20 to 90 smoking hot degrees in like two seconds.
I would recommend to carry a rain coat, umbrella, parka, and swim trunks at all times because
you never know what the weather is going to be.
Seriously, Kansas weather is bipolar.
It's okay though, I love it dearly.
Kansas..not the craZy weather.


However, I got to enjoy a wedding and sunshine this weekend that ended up being
perfect Kansas weather.
It was a smokin' hot 90 degrees but with a nice cool breeze.
The wedding was outdoors, which I LOVED.
Makes me really want an outdoor wedding.



But, October is a bit risky in these parts.
It would either be beautiful or snowing.
Don't wanna chance that one.

The wedding was perfect and simple...just like the bride and groom.
It was funny going to my first wedding after
being engaged and taking note on every.single.little.detail they had.
Definitely has changed my views on weddings!


Anyway,
it was a wonderful weekend at home filled with lots of
family, food, and sunshine...straight summer style.
And I finally got some color on (one half of) my legs!
Have I mentiond I love home?
Ya, well I do.
Nothing like it.


I would also like to say a big
HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY
to my beautiful baby niece.
One year ago today my brother became a dad,
my sister-in-law became a mother, I became an aunt, my brother an uncle,
 my mom a grandma, and my dad a grandpa.
I will never forget the magic the day she was born.
And the anxiety of waiting at the hospital, sleeping on the hard as a rock couches,
waiting for her pretty little self to be born.
"It's a giiiirl, Katherine Marie" my brother said as tears of joy filled his eyes.
Truly magical.
Thank you baby (now toddler) Kate...for coming into this world.
You are such an incredible blessing.





Hope you all had a good weekend!!


P.S. Just for fun I wanna say congrats
to my handsome fiance  for leading his baseball boys to a championship victory.
Whoop Whoop.






3 comments:

Unknown said...

You looked so cute at the wedding! Pretty dress.

Cara said...

love the canister they used to hold the flowers! Maryland is similar, summer doesn't creep in.. it hits you over night!

but there is nothing better than summer heat storms!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goshies Michigan is the SAME WAY! Snowing in mid-april, and wearing shorts the next week... Ridiculous!

I like your dress, and your niece is definitely a cutie (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...