Monday, June 13, 2011

The face behind the sunflowers

Another Link-Up Party.
What What.
The lovely Michelle @ A Little Bit of This & That started the cutest idea of doing a blogger
"Meet & Greet"
So others can find out more about you and vice versa.
Because really one of the best parts about blogging is meeting other people who know what you are talking about without giving you the crazy eyes,
going though the same things as you, and are simply the nicest  {and funniest} people EVer.




 
If you for some reason don't know me...well, you should. ha
I'm Molly from {obviously} A Midwestern Touch.
A recent grad trying to grow up and put on my big girl pants to prepare
for all that is to come in my future.
As well as enjoying being engaged to the love of muh life.
I have no idea how I even thought of the name of my blog.
 I  just wanted to do something that represented "me" and my hometown and the
people I am surrounded with came to mind.
And that began A Midwestern Touch in January of 2011.
 
 



 
The reason:
The very first reason I got the blog was to write down ideas, crafts, random thoughts down so I wouldn't forget them. Becausee, well, I forget everything. And think...way too much. I also thought it'd be fun to look back someday and see the journey I have taken over the years.
 
THEN.
 
I got rid of facebook. Yup, I did it...I pushed the deactivation button. For a good reason though. On December 20, 2010...I got engaged. { !!!!!!! :) } And right after we got engaged Jeff thought it'd be a good idea to deactivate our facebook accounts until we could tell everyone in person or personally and they wouldn't find out through facebook {because we keep it real like that}. That led more happening to my blog. Such as the life of a senior in college, engaged woman, and just trying to find my way in life.
 
SO.
 
That's kind of why I'm here.
To grow. To write. To discover myself and look back and see how I've grown, maybe not grown, and the love and fun I've experienced along the way. Plus, I use it as a second brain to remember all the little details I would never be able to.
It works out pretty perfectly.
And it wouldn't be the same without you all.
Who make blogging 10x better.
 
 





Most Popular Posts:
{I think you guys like weddings? haha}
 Wedding Wednesday (4)
Wedding Wednesday (3)
I Shine Friday (1)
Truthful Tuesday
Wedding Wednesday (9)
{And you like days of the week!}
 
MY Favorite Posts RECENTLY:
What Makes You Come Alive
Engagement {Page}
Letter to My Freshman Year Self
Wedding Wednesday (9) - YAY we agree on one
Date Nightmakes me laugh
Best Surprise Ever- I like the story...moreso than the post.
 
 FAVORITE Posts From When I First Started:
Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti
Why I love to Blog
My Valentine's Date
Dedicated to Jeffro
The Simple Things
How I Met You, My Love
 
You still there?
Hope so because you should linky on up too!
It's a pretty good time checking out old posts.
Adios!
 

15 comments:

Bel said...

I love your passion for blogging :) I loveeeee blogging too. You really do meet the nicest people! :)

<3 Belly B

Anna said...

I will have to remember this tag. I don't have enough posts to do this yet...

Unknown said...

Girl, I'm glad you're doing the Meet and Greet...I love your blog!! Can't wait to read more!

Lyndsay said...

Hi...I found your blog through the Meet & Greet. :) I loved reading your engagement story. It was so cute! NYC at Christmas is the best!

Michelle said...

You are the cutest! I love that people are visiting from the Meet & Greet! I love your blog and I'm so glad you linked up and shared some of my favorite posts! I'm off to check out some of the others you shared!

Thanks so much for linking up! You're awesome! XOXO

Heather said...

I also have a terrible memory, which contributed to me starting my blog. I'm glad I'm not alone!

I'm stopping by from Meet & Greet!

Unknown said...

stopping by from the Meet and Greet! You are gorgeous! I will be following along! :)

Amanda said...

This is a great idea. It was like a snapshot of Molly. Happy day!

Samantha-Elizabeth said...

Found you on Meet and Greet and I loveee your blog! I love that you're a new college grad too and your Midwestern touch! I'm a midwesterner too :) New follower!

hayley said...

just found you from the link up...love the blog, so cute! congrats on getting engaged :) can't await to follow your adventure!

Kerbi said...

Stopping by from the meet & greet! I love your engagement story! Your ring is gorgeous!

Jennifer B said...

Found you from the meet and greet!! Love all of your posts, especially your engagement story :)

Sierra said...

Hey sweetie, glad to hear why you started blogging and wow good for you for getting rid of Facebook! It's much better to tell everyone in person! ;)

Unknown said...

Love your blog! Found you off the link up, it's nice to find other girls who are as dedicated to their blogging as me haha (: Oh, and your engagement story is precious! I read the whole thing!

Newest follower, can't wait to read more (:

Sarah said...

CONGRATS on the engagement! I cannot BELIEVE that you deactivated your facebook - I don't know if I could to that :P However, blogging is definitely a great tradeoff :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...