Friday, October 7, 2011

one week to go

So today marks a week until my student teaching is over.

Over.

Seriously?

It has been 7 weeks?



I must say that if you would have asked me on day 1-7 if I would enjoy it as much as I do, I would have say you are freaking nuts. {ya I hid in a bathroom stall on day 1...holler}


I have fallen in love with being able to be a positive influence of the kid's lives. It may sound cliche but it's no joke. They make me laugh at the best times, and know how to drive me crazy at the worst.



They genuinely feel awful for me when I stub my toe on the desk and ask me if they can do anything. They also always like my clothes and earrings and braclets and tell me I'm pretty when I straighten my hair.

How could I not love them? haha.

I learned that every single day and every single student is different. They tell you this, but you never really "get it" until you see it for yourself. I also learned that Star Wars and iCarly rule the universe. Oh, and to some Spongebob. I guess Justin Bieber Fever isn't until at least second grade.

I mostly learned that kids are one of the greatest joys out there, and I am really really glad I chose the career path of  Eductation. And in all reality, I've always thought kids were a lot easier to get along with than adults anyway. Plus, the are really flipping hilarious.

I also REAAAAAAAAAAAALLY wish I could post the kids pictures I just took the other day of their "craziest face you've ever given pictures". Laughed my butt offfff. If only people won't so crazy and creepy in this world!

Okay...happy FRIDAY!



3 comments:

Victoria said...

being a teacher is pretty awesome :)

ali v. said...

my mother has been a teacher since she was 22...and I have a HUGE appreciation for teachers! I subbed when I was in college and I can honestly say I don't know how y'all do it. Kudos for taking on the challenge :) love your blog name...I'm a midwestern girl too, though I'm on the east coast now! enjoy your weekend! xoxo {av}

P.S. I'm hosting a little Lilly Pulitzer giveaway--you're going to love it :)

Megan said...

Awwww, you are going to be SUCH an amazing teacher!! Any student is blessed to have you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...