Wednesday, October 12, 2011

teacher gift on a budget

So this coming Friday is my last day student teaching in the first grade classroom.
{as I've said 1 bazillion times..sorry broken record over here}

I wanted to do something nice for my teachers and knew I had to
do it on a budget. Ya... our school does this really cool thing called make the students work for free and then force them to take grad classes all at the same time. Real genius idea.

 I decided to give them a gift I would want and hoping they will like it the same! I went to the dollar tree here in town and scouted out some finds to make the {not quite} perfect teaching gift that is easily affordable.

I found some plastic coffee cups that I absolutely love! They are $5 at Wally World, but at the dollar tree they were only.....well, a dollar. Score! I thought these would be perfect because both of my teachers love their coffee every morning! However, they only have a coffee cup so they can't jam as much caffeine into one cup as they need, or want. So here I am...to offer them loads more room for a caffeine fix.


cousin's dog trying to get in the photo shoot.
I  thought ...what would I want if I were a teacher? Well let me tell you I couldn't think of anything! They pretty much have everything I could think of. Also, I didn't want to get something that would just clutter their desk. I wanted something they would USE, and that I have seen them use often.


So I added a small journal, a thank you card, sharpies of all different colors, and fun different colored pens. All for around $4.50 each. I say that's not too shabby for all that it included, especially those amazing sharpies!



At first I figured they'd be like "ugh...more pens and markers in my life?!" then I realized what teacher doesn't love these things. My mom also said she'd enjoy it {she's a teacher} so I figured they would like it too. I get all giddy for school supplies, and they better too....or else this gift if a huge big fat FAIL.

That's all for today folks :)



5 comments:

Suze said...

As a teacher, I would be THRILLED with such an amazing gift! :) And thrifty- clever you!

Michelle said...

What a cute idea! And friendly on the wallet! :)

Cara @ Chic Meets Healthy said...

aww that is a great idea!!

Corinne said...

My Mom is a teacher and I know she would really love that gift - thoughtful AND useful! That's definitely a bonus for her in "teacher world" :)

Unknown said...

My mom is a teacher and she would definitely love that gift. Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...