Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {DJ..that's my DJ}

Okay so I've been a total slacker in the wedding world lately.


so cute for entrance!

Haven't even really done anything but "look" since we checked out the venue a couple weeks ago.

Fail.


yeah..obsessed with mason jars. fo sho.

The next BIG thing on the list is a DJ.

DJ want list is as following:
  • energetic
  •    fun
  •  knows how to get people on the  DANCE FLOOR ooohhh
  • cost friendly
  • listen to bride and groom's awesome song list  + add songs they think guests will enjoy
  • {will not play chicken dance or such songs}

so sweet.

I don't want whomever it is to just chill behind his little booth and just jam out.

I want them to be interactive with the guests and really get the party started.


no this picture is not here to say I want to marry this man...even tho wink wink....
haha kidding but love the tux & vest colors

Because really...that is what the wedding reception is all about. The PARTY. & Memories!
Who doesn't want to have fun and dance at a wedding reception?

Any other suggestions of creative things that you've seen DJ's do?

p.s. all photos via




8 comments:

ashleigh said...

yah i believe the reception is the part that NEEDS to be fun! did you look at dj's in your town?
make sure you make a "no no" list!
and i read on another blog that this dj gave them a clicker for whenever they needed the dj/mic!?

Lindsey said...

You definitely need to do a fun intro where each bridesmaid/groomsmen pair hasnd a small intro song they dance into and then maybe a quick group dance at the end. I make all my besties do it and it's super fun and way better than the boring annoucement of attendants.

Mary and Dyer said...

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!! DJs are usually always really good at what they do - as long as they have a good personality it will be a good time!! I also love Mason jars. I use them as my drinking glasses. xox

I just became your newest follower. I would love for you to visit my blog & follow back if you'd like! :)

Also, check out my giveaway for a Missoni for Target hat!

Blessings,
Kat
www.maryanddyer.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Picking a good DJ is definitely important as they are the one that will pretty much run the reception. Make sure you spend a lot of time talking to him, not just about the music you want, but also about how you want to reception to go. We were lucky enough to have a good friend who is a professional wedding DJ to do ours, but I know is biggest advice is to pick a DJ that specializes in weddings.

Holly said...

Hi there! New follower here also planning my wedding :) I'm in the process of looking for a DJ as well and completely agree with all the musts! I love the thank you sign too! :)

Christa said...

Ask, ask, ask people you trust for a recommendation. A DJ will make or break a dance, especially around here!

daniwhitney said...

My cousin owns a dj-ing company so I lucked out on mine! I would just suggest talking to others whose wedding's you've been at and enjoyed the dj. Also, I love that thank you sign, we are thinking of incorporating it in our day as well!

Amanda C. said...

My awesome MIL had some fun stuff for the dj to do. One thing was to have C's uncles called to the dance floor.(It could be anyone who likes to act silly.) They were all given a different hat, one for each member of the village people and they had to dance to YMCA. It was HILARIOUS! We also played a game where 7 or 8 guests (men and women) were seated in chairs. C was blind folded so he didn't know who was who. He had to feel each person leg to try and guess which one was me. At the end he makes his guess, but I switched chairs with one of his uncles. ha ha It was so much fun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...