Sunday, November 20, 2011

growing up

This past weekend I got to tour the little (actually...500,000 people) town that we will call home in just a short few months. Jeff is moving there the first week in December for work, and I will be following behind and moving there after we tie the knot in August.

I have got to say, it was alittle different than I thought. Seeing my future town. Future surroundings. Future schools I may teach at. To me, it was a little emotional. The changes that are about to happen. The emotions of leaving a town I know so well, and love so very much. Leaving something that makes me feel comfortable. I'm not going to lie, it was a little hard to take in at first. Okay...really hard to take in.



But then I calmed myself (because I may or may not be a  little dramatic) and thought about why I will be leaving everything I knew so well behind me. It was because I am starting a new chapter, and building a new place I call "home". And that...is well worth the changes, even though they aren't easy to take in at first.



If you would have ever told me at age 22 I would be engaged, looking for places to live, moving to a new town, then I would have told you that you were absolutely freaking nutso. But now that I AM in that position, I couldn't image myself not doing these things, especially doing them with someone I love so much.

Today we actually went to Best Buy to look at washer & dryers. This...my friends, made me SUPER excited (weird...yes I know). It was something fiance & I are going to find together, for our future home, and that made me all sorts of giddy. I never knew washer & dryers could be so damn exciting. I was opening them up, making sure I couldn't fall in getting laundry, making sure it could fit our large amount of clothes, and comparing prices, etc. I tell ya, it was a weird feeling. But an awesome one.


However, it was nothing like the feeling of when we went around our future town looking at houses. Super stoked is exactly what I was. I was making Jeff stop at every house that had information by their for sale sign. Found about 500 keepers. Really, I wanted them like...right that very second. It was definitely something I won't get tired of doing anytime soon. However, take my house and you die. :)

Anyway the point is...even though these changes are really hard for me at first, and extremely overwhelming the end result is absolutely beyond rewarding. I cannot wait to begin our life TOGETHER, in a place we both can call our home and make the best of memories.

For now...I'm going to enjoy the ride, be open-minded, and hug my current town because I am going to miss the bajesus out of it!




9 comments:

Amanda C. said...

Yes, it's official. Once you start doing stuff like shopping for washers and dryers and spending Saturdays at Home Depot you are a grown up! lol

Unknown said...

Beautiful photos :)

ashleigh said...

how exciting!
i am so happy for you!

washers and dryers and house shopping is soooooo fun

Steph said...

I totally know how you feel...leaving a place you love for some place unfamiliar, but I look at everything as an adventure that will leave you with memories you couldn't even imagine! So while I'd be right there with you in the freaking out department, I'd be bracing for the amazing journey ahead!

Nicole said...

Honey, I def know how you feel I am fixing to move to a new city and leave the town that I have know for 25 years. Some days I am excited and then other days I am SCARED out of my freaking mind. So either we are normal or we are at least crazy together hahaha
Good luck!!!

Charlotte said...

So excited for you! Where exactly are you moving?

Megan at Megan Can said...

My boyfriend lives there right now, finishing up graduate school & let me just say that Old Town is by far THE COOLEST part of the city ever! That theater is amazing & so much fun! There happens to be a small little martini bar in Old Town as well that has half priced martini nights & like 300 to choose from...amazing!!! I always have such a great time when I visit him! You will love it!

Amanda said...

SOOO EXCITING! I love your outlook on how great and wonderful things are going. I'm stuck in a rut because I feel like I'm moving forward, but can't fully until M is here... Oh well. Patience, Amanda, patience!

Megan said...

This post is SO cute! It can definitely be crazy to "grow" up, but it can be SO much fun, too!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...