Sunday, November 27, 2011

no more turkey

If I see one more little piece of turkey anytime in the near future I may possibly get sick. I swear I ate my weight in food this Thanksgiving and loved every little second of it. However, I don't think I'll be hungry again until next Thanksgiving...or in 5 minutes. Dang it!

I absolutely love this holiday. There is really nothing better than gathering your family and all the people you love into one place and sharing your blessings together. It really is a special holiday and I think we all have many things to be thankful for.

I also can't believe that now Christmas is about to jump out around the corner! Craziness! Even though Santa Molly is on it and has most of her Christmas shopping DONEZO.  I did have about 4 less people this year so I guess that could be why..but either way I did it and did it on a nice tight budget. Win!



I did learn one very important thing during Thanksgiving Break....Black Friday is some crazy sh*t. Oh my WORD. My parents, brother, Jeff, and I all were sitting around playing a game on Thursday night....harmless, right? Well when it wasn't my turn to play I was searching through the Wal Mart Black Friday ads. A vacuum for 36 bucks? Jeff needed one so I thought it'd be quite fun to just "watch" the craziness and if it worked out slip out with a vacuum.

Watch my booty. We walked into the store and it was insane. Really insane. I seriously think that the ENTIRE town was at Wal Mart. The parking lot was packed to the brim. Nuts I tell ya. I guess I have just never known what Black Friday was all about. So we walk in and see someone we know right in front of the vaccuums. Score. Jeff gets in line with her and I thought I'd join the madles



Where did I end up? In front of the rubbermaid, ready to pounce. I was all excited and when it reached 10 PM (actually some crazy started 5 min before) everyone started grabbing, running, pushing, and here I am in the rubbermaid line just standing there...not fighting off a soul. I  grab (4) off of the stack. Then I see Jeffro coming through the crazy crowd with goods in the air. Crock Pot, Vacuum, Coffee Pot.

I couldn't stop laughing. I have freaking 4 (26 piece) rubbermaids, he had all his stuff, and I was like let's get the heck out of here. before we really go nuts! Then we tried finding my dad and brother and guess what? They found some goods too! A Garmin for my little brother and a sound bar for my dad's new T.V.



Needless to say we went in to just "watch" and came out with {two garmins-one little brothers x-mas present, coffee pot, sound bar-dad's, 4-26 piece rubbermaid container sets, 1-20 piece pyrex set of glassware, playdough set-gift, remote control helicoper-gift, and a small bit of sanity}. I think we have enough containers to last um....a lifetime.

It was actually a good time watching the electronics get ripped open at midnight. I may or may  not have been standing on a chair trying to see it all go down at once. I really don't know how people survive this event every year. Definitely wanna catch the madness again though, hopefully without all the random goods next time.

I hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving, and I sure know I have a lot to be thankful for.
Now for the next month of holiday cheer. Can't wait!





1 comment:

Michelle said...

Looks like a great weekend with loved ones! Black Friday is definitely crazy!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...