Friday, November 4, 2011

i got a ship date

Since there was no Wedding Wednesday this week, I thought I'd share a little wedding news.

1-Good, 1-Not so good.

Of course the bad news has to come first.

It all begins with the DJ. Okay, so I e-mailed this guy like a coon's age ago asking him if the date of our wedding was available for him to DJ our shabang. He said it was open. Awesome, so I asked to reserve it right away so no one else would get it. All was good.

So I never heard back from him after that, so my mom ended up calling him. He said he e-mailed me back (lies) but he would get it on the calendar. Okay, so we are in the clear. Good stuff.

Well....yesterday I called the guy up just to triple check that he had us booked. You know, because we might just need a DJ for our wedding. So long story short....his words to me were "I'm about to break your heart....." Hmmm. He then proceeds to tell me he is scheduled for work (EMS) that day.

He says sorry. I lose it.

Anyway so life goes on and we will find another one. But it really irked (is that a word? or can I just not spell?) me that he told us it was available TWICE and then when I call to MAKE SURE he says I don't know why I would   have told you that day was available. Say what? I didn't lie buckeroo, I have your e-mail.

anyyyyway.

The GOOD news?!

Wedding dress store called and said my wedding dress will be shipped here in FEBRUARY!

She said it could come before that as well, but it was just an approximate. Holy cowza!

So I hope everyone has a happy Friday. I am enjoying it so far hanging out in bed stalking the the Erin Condren website to see the little words "SHIPPED" but they are just not coming. Sad. Then off to see my lovely friend get hitched. I cannot wait!!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeers.

p.s. posts are really not as cool without pictures. i sorry. can't show the wedding dress or call out the DJ :)




5 comments:

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, what a pain! You're obviously better off without that flake though. I hope you find someone else that's more professional!

Steph said...

Thank goodness you found out he was a flake BEFORE your big day! And I am very patiently waiting for my dress to arrive too! What an exciting/stressful time it is!

Katie said...

Like Steph said - better you find out that he's a flake BEFORE you hired him. The last thing you want is a flake of a vendor. If they aren't super professional from the get-go, don't even consider them! You'll find someone even better! We found ours at a wedding expo which I highly recommend doing.

Unknown said...

Doesn't sound like a very reliable DJ. At least you found that out know while you still have time.

Anonymous said...

That's so annoying about the DJ. I'd be irked, too (and if that wasn't a word before... then it is now!).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...