Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Another One Bites the Dust

I'm on the late show as usual
BUT
my best friend from college got ENGAGED.



I am beyond excited about this.
Almost as excited about hers as I am for mine!
She is marrying a man who will make her smile for the rest of her life and I couldn't be happier for her.
If I could create a guy I think she would adore, it would be exactly him.


Jess & I met in August of 2007.
Dorm Roommates.
The good days.
I walked into my dorm to see pink everywhere.
Her bunk already picked out. Bed rearranged and moved.
Guess I was taking the bottom.


It didn't get any better when she locked me out of my own room
because some dumby I was with took a picture at around 2 am in our room while she
was sleeping and had to get up for 8 o'clock class.
Needless to say...she was pissed.
And I got locked out of my own room.
Not off to the best start. And I was crazy homesick.
I wanted to move out. 




But I stayed.
That was probably one of the finer decisions I have made in my life.
Now she is one of my closest friends. I love her to pieces.
We got in too much trouble together, and the best college memories always
have involved her...even though she moved after first semester.
I've always thought it was weird how you can get so close to someone
in such a short amount of time.


We were opposites.
That fit perfectly.
And we were mighty fine partiers.
My liver is the only thing happy she had to move away.


But this post is just a big
CONGRATS
to such an amazing friend.
{planning a wedding in 4 months...she rocks. I would have a heart attack}
I wish you all the happiness in the world Jess.
Love you mucho!



5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Congrats to your bff!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Congrats to her!!! 4 months to plan a wedding?? I sure couldn't do that!!!

Kristal said...

Awe, congrats! We all want the very best for our very best friends, how exciting! Just found your blog and I love how the blogging world brings people together. If I'm ever in Kansas, I'll check out your recommendations! Congrats on graduating!

http://sincerelyarizona.blogspot.com/

Sierra said...

Aww congrats to your bff! She looks so happy and glad you can be there for her through her exciting time! Yours too - now you both are engaged! ;)

Amanda said...

Congrats to your besite! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...