Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {Engaged Again & Story}

Engaged Again

No, I have not gotten engaged twice.


Remeber when I went to the beach and had a minor emergency?
The middle setting in my ring fell out while on vacation, and I haven't
been able to wear it since then. Looked a little bit...funny. What's a ring without a diamond?
After a month of no ring
and many people wondering why it wasn't there anymore.


The ring is back & shinier than ever.
I feel engaged again.
No single fingered Molly running around town anymore.
Yay!



Story

Just a little random fact about me, I love planners.
Love lists. And love to be organized...on paper.
If I don't write something down, I forget it even exists.


So yesterday I was filling in my planner and was putting
all of the KU football games in it.
I saw the 2012 schedule was online so I just
thought it'd be funny to check and see if there was a
football game on our wedding day.


There was.




Who? K-State.
Our rivals.


Okay..now the point of the story.
When Jeff & I met on November 1, 2008 we were at a bar.
As you know.
Jeff had gone out for Halloween the day before and drank a little...too much.
November 1st was the day of the KU vs. KSTATE game.
Biggest game of the year.
We won.
Jeff's friends wanted to go out to celebrate but Jeff didn't really feel like it.
Poor hungover Jeffy.
But he did.
And so did I.
We were both at the bar to celebrate a hell of a win by our favorite Jayhawks.
If it weren't for that game, I probably would have never met the love of my life.


So I thought it was quite fitting that our wedding will be on the same day.
Meant to be?
I think so.


Or maybe it's just funny & cute to me?
:)
{I'll probably have to get a big screen put in so the guys can watch the
game on wedding day. haha.}
Catch next week's Wedding Wednesday for our REHEARSAL dinner plans.
Exciting!

P.S. Thank you for all the sweet & encouraging comments on my New Adventure Post.
Y'all rock my socks off.






16 comments:

Unknown said...

Your ring is GORGEOUS!! I love it and I'm so excited for you :) Cute story!

Cara said...

LOVE your ring! I never used to like cushion cuts but I am obsessed with them now! Yours is gorgeous! Glad you go the stone back in there!

Heather said...

I had a stone fall out of my ring when we first got engaged- it's so scary!

I love that your big day is on the same day as the big game! I bet everyone would love the big screen!

ashleigh said...

love the ring =]
did you lose the diamond to where you couldnt find it?
i hope not!

and that is the cutest story; and im thinking it is fate that its the same day =]

Anonymous said...

Happy to hear you got your ring back! I would totally feel “engaged again” haha.
I am a freak about organizing and planning in advance… so much that is scares me. But I can’t help it. I feel stressed and out of control if things are organized!

Kelly said...

Aww, what a fun story with the KU/KSU game! TOO funny, and of course, what a fabulous coincidence!! LOVE your ring, I bet it feels so good to have it back, intact, and gorgeous!

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

love the ring AND the back story!! =)

Amanda C. said...

Your ring is beautiful. Glad it's all fixed up.

Megan said...

Your ring is stunning!! I hate when I forget mine and feel single again. Haha!!

Nicole @ Two and Two is 4 said...

Your ring is gorgeous!! And cute story!!!

Tiffany said...

Such a gorgeous ring! Glad you are engaged again! :) Always a good thing. As for venues...I still need to get back to you on the name of that place. I think Jill forgot. :S I will remind her. Also...Clemens...the one who owns that gown shop downtown in PK has a small chapel (seats 100) and an event space (holds 230) in parsons at her house. If you want more info, she has ads running in the Parsons Sun and I'm sure you could hit her up at Clemens bridal! Miss you girl!

Sierra said...

Sounds like your wedding is quickly approaching - couldn't be happier for your bloggy friend!

Your right is gorgeous and I love that KState is playing on the same day that you two met - that is crazy coincidental but definitely I think meant to be!

Sierra said...

Oh my gosh tons of typos. Couldn't be happier for you* and your *ring instead of right, lol. Have a great weekend love!

Anonymous said...

You are so cute! I love this story and I think it's FATE not just a coincidence (;

beautiful ring!

Unknown said...

That's amazing, what a coincidence! The ring is also super beautiful! xxx

Lindsey said...

Definitely meant to be, what a sweet story. You should definitely incorporate that into your wedding somehow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...