Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A New Adventure

In about a month I will be embarking on a very new adventure.
I will be a role model to a couple dozen first grades.
I will be showin students how to read, write, and tie shoes. {hey, you never know.}
I am terrified. Excited. nervous. Ready.

I am terrified I won't do a good job.
Scared they won't learn and grow each day {not physically}.
Excited because I get a chance to change these littles lives.
Nervous I can't or don't have the skills to do so.
Ready, because I know I will learn so much more from them...as they will from me.

I think it's all setting in because the school e-mails are flooding in, teachers are getting their bulletin
boards ready, and the summer joys are slowly coming to an end as they flood back to organize their
classrooms to get ready for the new year.

So if anyone has any advice for shaking little student teacher Molly, please throw them my way.
Here are only a few {your welcome} things I've found I want to use in my classroom on the one and only pinterest.com.












11 comments:

Heather said...

Those are such cute ideas! I love the Find a Friend worksheet.

Unknown said...

I didn't know you are going to be a teacher! Cute ideas! :)

Megan said...

You are going to be AMAZING!!! Definitely praying for you during this transition!!

Jennʻs Adventureʻs said...

First grade!!!!!! Awwwww Ms. Molly you are going to become some of those first graders FAVORITE teacher--one of my FAVORITE teachers in life was my first grade teacher!

I am so excited for you... and those finds from pinterest are great--I'm sure some of us wish we were going to be in your class--I'd love to play that last one;)

Advice for you would be to always take time to recharge your batteries so you constantly give your kids the best. They are fragile, and yes you are shaping them! I hope you continue to look for creative ways to make your classroom (and class) special, unique, and a reflection of you!

Good luck to you:)

Unknown said...

You will make an amazing teacher! I love the find a friend game. It is so cute!

Kelly said...

Sososososo exciting Molly!! When I student taught I was SO nervous. I don't think I 100% took over the class though until I had graduated and started subbing my own classes. You learn SO much when YOU ALONE have to be in charge, so when you feel comfortable with the students and your teacher, I would suggest asking if she/he might slowly leave you alone at times. It may sound weird to ask, but I learned SO much!

Also? My fave way to get attention was to say, "1-2-3 eyes on me" with the class responding, "1-2 eyes on you" :-)

Jordan said...

Great ideas! I'm sure you'll make a great teacher!

Courtney B said...

Oh Molly, you're going to be the most adorable teacher ever!! You'll be GREAT!

Michelle said...

Aww don't be nervous! Just be yourself and you'll be great!! Trust me .. the kids will love you!! If you need anything, you know I'm always here and am glad to help! :) XOXO

Amanda said...

You're going to do great, Molly! My best friend just started her first year of teaching last year. It was tough because she moved far away from home to teach, so every morning (without fail), I wrote her an email with a quote in it. Sometimes they were funny, sometimes inspirational, sometimes random, but it was just a reminder that I was there with her. :) Find someone (or I'll be that someone) who will be your cheerleader through the beginning. But from reading your blog, I know you don't need it and you'll do great!

Sierra said...

After reading how organized you are and I know you to be such a sweetheart and bubbly, there is no doubt that these kiddos are going to love you. Love all of the sweet pictures above too - you don't need "good luck" because you are going to thrive girl! xo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...