Monday, July 25, 2011

A NEW Challenge

My Challenge



Alright,
so I am a competitive person.
I like to win.
I don't like to back down.
{can sometimes be quite a negative thing}


When I really set my mind on something I try to stick to it.
You know how many times I've said, "I'm going to start working out daily."
"I'm going to eat right?"
And then did it for a good solid few weeks and then pooped out.
"I'm tired." "I ate junk food, so might as well not work out."
 "I have a headache." "Blah.blah.blah."
Excuses is what they were. Until now.{I hope}



I am by no means fat or overweight. That is not why I am doing this.
I am just so extremely tired of feeling like crap, lazy, worn down, unhappy,
and just plain exhausted these days.
I come home at 6ish and go lay in my bed most days because I am so tired.
Ridiculous and not acceptable.


Jeff & I talked this past weekend about changing our habits and getting back into the gym routine.
We tried to think of something to call our mission, but "Healthy for Honey" was the only thing
we could come up with that wasn't the cheeziest thing ever.  {Healthy for Honey means staying
healthy for each other so we can live some crazy awesome fit years today. Btw.}
Or "Operation Hot Wife"
haha. That was a good one.
So starting today. I am going to change my life around. For reals.
Because I cannot continue this crapola I've been doing. It obviously isn't doing much for me.
I was getting annoyed of myself. I am getting annoyed with myself.
So change has to be made.
Today.


I am going to document what I do for exercise everyday to hold myself accountable for my actions.
I have been down the road of "free and easy" eat whatever, work out barely ever, and still weigh
the same but feel like complete dog sh*t.
My goal {starting out} is to work out 4 days/wk. I want to get to the point where I am going
6 days/wk but in order for me to complete and continue to goals I need to build up to them.



The Beginning to a Life Long Change




   Workout:

-30 minutes Elliptical {Level 1 > Level 5 > Level 9}
-40 squats {Used weight ball as extra weight}
-40 lunges {Used weight ball overhead as extra weight}
-10 minute Abs {Variety}
-Stretch

    Playlist:

-Nothing' On You- B.o.B
-Boyfriend/Girlfriend- C-Side
-Whatever You Like - T.I
-Throw It In The Bag -Fabolous
-{My Jam} Sexy In Crazy Places - Gucci Mane
-We Takin' Over - DJ Khaled
-All The Above - Maino
-Hey Daddy  - Usher
-Wasted - Gucci Mane
-Down - Jay Sean
-What You Got - Colby O'Donis



My poor fat arse could barely make it down the stairs when I was done.
And it hurt so GOOD.
Loved the feeling of sweating and working hard again.
It can only go up from here.

P.S. How the hell do you run and read a magazine at the same time?
I have honestly never understood and {sadly} judge the people beccause I kind of think if you are really working out as hard as you can...there is no way
your eyes will be able to read those tiny baby words. Just saying.



8 comments:

Rissy said...

good luck girl! I think you can totally do this! especially because of the way you are going about it. Building goals is a fantastic idea! the name is adorable as well... I'd say you got this.

oh and my best friend used to get heated about people reading and "working out." She'd always say "YOU ARE NOT WORKING VERY HARD THEN!"haha

ashleigh said...

Good luck girly! I know you can do it:) you aren't doing it like a crazy fad you are doing it the right way!

Megan said...

You can do it!!! My husband and I just made a decision to start working out and eating (a little) better, too!! We can encourage each other!

Ali said...

Ooh!!! Good luck! I'm in the same position you are...I need to get my big ol' booty to the gym so I can also hurt so GOOD. I run daily but it really isn't doing much for me..hah!

As for the reading while working out goes...I read my Kindle while I run on the treadmill but I have to make the words way bigger so I can actually read them! The only reason I read is because running on a treadmill is SO boring and I would quit if I didn't have something else to do. That's why I run outside as much as possible! Haha.

Speaking of the gym...I just ate a brownie. Maybe I'll start eating healthier. Starting...tomorrow! ;)

-Ali

Jennifer said...

Keep up the good work!
I have never understood how people can read and work out at the same time either. My mind is focused when I am working out. Even the whole headphones while running thing, they get annoying.

Anonymous said...

You sound like me! If I wouldn't have known better I would have thought I was reading something I wrote! I love "Operation Hot Wife"! You inspired me today to get off my lazy butt and do something!

Amanda C. said...

Girl, I wish I could get motivated. I was doing well for a while, but I kind of fell off the wagon. Good luck with getting fit.

Amanda said...

Fact: It is not possible to read a magazine while running without doing one of the following:
a. Tripping
b. Getting dizzy
c. Not actually reading because your body is bouncing up and down and your eyes can't focus.

So proud of you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...