Monday, July 4, 2011

Red, White, & Blue

Happy 4th of July!
& Thank you troops for letting freedom ring.

It has been the fastest weekend in history.
{and the longest blogpost in midwestern history..whew.}
Three day weekends seem to go faster than two, how does that work out?
Maybe because I was with some pretty special people that time always flies with.

Jeff came into town Friday night after a long, not so fun month of being away.
He ended up surprising me and getting to my house a few hours earlier than he said
he was. However, I had just gotten out of the shower so I wasn't looking quite my spiffiest. Whoopsie.
So.good.to.see.him though. And that is the longest I'll ever have to be from him again.
Yahoo.


So Friday night we went to our "place" which so happens to be On the Border.
Don't ask me why, but something about it made us go there like once a
week when he lived in the same town as myself. Maybe it's the gigantic dos equis?
That could definitely be it.

So we ate and then came back home and watched a movie {I forget the name...Varsity Blues? maybe}.
Perfect, simple start to the weekend I have to say.
We both got to sleep in {well, I tried but Jeff was shaking me to get up..the usual}.
I woke up to him saying "mmmm...these are so good"...he had already eaten a cupcake.
haha. I knew they wouldn't last long.

So Saturday we spent the day wondering around the main street in town and doing a little shopping.
Shopping led to hungry stomaches so we ate at the Ingredient, which has the
most amazing flipping salads that I cannot even describe. ahhh. Yumm.
After walking outside in the crazy hott weather, we decided it was time for the
Mexican beer and limes.

After downing a couple we decided we would hop in the truck and head
to my hometown to see the fam and shoot off fireworks.
We seem to not stay in one place for long.
So Jeff grabbed his brownies and beer and we headed the two hours homestead.



That night my Dad grilled some burgers and brats and we had a mean homecooked meal.
Something about food on the grill is just the absolute best. Get.in.my.belly.
After we were full to the very brim, we headed out to get some fire works and blow some stuff UP.
After having a few turtles and tanks on fire, we went out to our old land where you can see the whole town and everyones big fireworks.
So so cool. You could almost see three towns worth of fireworks going on.



Sunday we woke up, went to church, checked out a few wedding venues, had to break into our house, and tried to keep cool in the blazing heat by dad rigging up the hose to spray {or soak} us on the front porch/patio. Little brother and I then thought we'd get everyone cooled down by buying some water balloons and having a water balloon fight, but we were the only participants so that died off all sorts of fast.
Then the rain came, the breezy weather appeared, and we sat outside enjoying not wanting to pass out from the heat exhaustion.


Dad once again cooked up a delicious grilled dinner with bacon wrapped chicken with some bell beppers and jalepenos. holy heaven. It was amazing. For sides we had chips, corn on the cob, salad, bread, cheesy potatoes, pasta salad, mac and cheese, and veggies. Ya, I think I gained 500 lbs on that one. Who cares though it was amazing!! So A+ work to Dad for the grilling, and A+ work to Mom for all the side dishes!


When the rain didn't stop we decided it was just not gonna be a firework blowing up things kind of night, dad and Jeff got an ice cream fix from Braums instead. I just enjoyed my popsicles. On the way home we stopped and grabbed a Red Box DVD of The Dilemma. Pretty funny movie. Never fails with Vince Vaughn in the house!

Today Jeff & I headed back to town around noon so we could enjoy having out with each other for awhile before he headed back. We relaxed at the house, Jeff got a Sonic Happy Hour drink {Route 44 lemme tell ya}, and we walked around downtown where they were having a little "shindig" in the park. I have no idea what to call it but they had tons and tons of vendors from local restaurants set up selling food and beer, live music, a comic artist, and I'm sure a lot more I couldn't see.


As usual... the fun has to end at some point, Jeff went on his way, and I am finishing up packing, listening to fireworks, and getting ready to start another week. {4 day one I must add..whoop whoop}. Although the weeks aren't too shabby because I get to watch the most adorable & fun loving little boy in the world. He makes my days without Jeff much easier.

Hope everyone has a HAPPY & SAFE 4th of July.

And if you are at the lake, ocean, or anywhere near water...you suck & I envy you.
:)

XOXO.



7 comments:

Suze said...

What a fab weekend! I know that feeling all too well going so long without seeing the beau! We need to play catch up, can we text?!

ashleigh said...

Sounds so fun! What a great weekend:) American style ;))) how did you get your pictures like that? Just in paint? That's how I normally do mine but I like them on your page? Xo

Megan said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend...with lots of amazing food!! Haha. Please share! Y'all are so cute. I'm glad y'all got to spend time together!

Amanda said...

Looks like such an all American weekend :) Don't hate me for being by the water though.

Cara said...

love all the photo effects and those kabobs look fab! such a great weekend spent with family!

I will def have to rent The Dilemma now!

Michelle said...

What a great weekend!!!! I love weekends like that! Mine was very similar!!!

And don't you just love 4 day work weeks?!

Heather said...

How sweet that he surprised you! It sounds like a wonderful weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...