Wednesday, March 28, 2012

bridal shower

Since it's Wednesday I thought I'd rock out a little Wedding Wednesday that I haven't done in so long.

Today I'm going to do a short & sweet recap of the bridal shower.

I was really nervous going into this because I hate being the center of attention. The thought of about 30 people in a room all staring at me opening presents....yeah it made me shake in my boots a little bit.

not the best of quality but my ribbon bouquet!

However, it exceeded my expectations. 

In one little room I had most all of the women that I adore the very most in my life. This doesn't happen often and Jeff & I are so blessed to have such great friends and family. Really, it's quite amazing.

What a special, special day.



And you know the game where they ask the fiance a list of questions and then ask the future bride and she has to guess what he'd say? Totally knocked that one out of the park with a 100%! Boo yah! I'll just pat myself on the back for that one.

Of course the presents were super fun and thoughtful but mostly I just loved having everyone there and getting one step closer to our big day. I couldn't be more thankful for my aunts and everyone who helped put the shower together and really go above and beyond with the details and making it special.

dang flash

I've got to say though I can't wait use all of our new goods! Holla!

I officially will be able to cook {a lot}, have something to eat on, many of board games for game night, and house decorations.

17 comments:

Meg O. said...

yay! Glad you had such a fun shower. I am the opposite of you - everyone can pay attention to me and give me presents. LOL!! You look so beautiful!!!

Victoria said...

So many wedding posts today!! Your shower looked like a great time, that cake and cupcakes looked amazing!! Can't wait to see pics of your wedding!!! Totally wouldn't mind the drive to Kansas, if an invite happened to get sent my way... just sayin ;)

-Victoria

Lindsey said...

Gorgeous cake! I am not looking forward to every one staring at my either. Just wait for your walk down the aisle girl! ha!!

Lauren said...

Such a pretty shower and cake!!! I loved every second of mine! You look so pretty!

xo

Corie said...

Oh man I feel the same way, more nervous than excited for my shower, because get this: 80 WOMEN and my fiance won't be there. Que panic attack! I'm sure it'll end up okay, but I'm going to be one nervous girl.

You looked amazing by the way :)

Amanda said...

You look so happy! I'm so glad that your bridal shower was a great success!

Erin said...

I had the same nervous feelings going into my bridal showers too... but once I saw how many sweet family and friends had come, I felt much more at ease :)

Glad you had a blast!!

Abbey said...

LOVE board games! And love that they were part of your presents! Totally unique and shows they were really thinking about what you'd want :)

Kelly said...

Looks like FUN!! Love your dress, the cake, and the photos. Excited for you!

Perfectly Jenn said...

So happy you had a wonderful shower! I know how you feel about all the attention being on you, I got super nervous before each shower just because of all the focused attention!

Enjoy your fun gifts!

TexanCouture said...

Glad you had a great shower. Love your dress and your cake looks delicious!

Raquel said...

Looks like you had such a wonderful shower! I love the cake! Looks yummy :)

C Mae said...

Jealous! I wish I had friends to throw me a bridal shower! :)

Anonymous said...

You look gorgeous, girl! Bridal showers are so much fun, even if you are ctr of attn... i found it funny opening up gifts we'd registered for...kind of awkward to act surprised when opening up gifts you knew were purchased off the registry.
glad you had a good time! :)
excited for you!

Michelle @ The Vintage Apple said...

You. Look. Stunning!!!!!! Your shower looked LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!

Megan said...

You are SO gorgeous! Love the dress that you are wearing. I'm so glad that you had a great shower!! I wasn't a huge fan of being the center of attention either!

lesley: the dream tree said...

your dress is so cute! where is it from?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...