Tuesday, February 14, 2012

and the greatest is love

Even though I am kind of bitter that on Valentine's Day I don't get to spend it with my love, I suppose I'll suck it up and still spread the love.

This is the first Valentine's Day we have ever had apart and not going to lie, it sucks a big one. But like I said, I won't be Ms. Grinch {at least least try not to! :)}

Instead of sharing the {nonexsistent} plans I have for this day of love, I will share my thoughts about the good ol 'L' word. I mean. The word we all use so very often. "I love that shirt." "I love my family." "I am so in love with you." You know, that word that keeps on giving.


I feel sometimes I take advantage of the word. And sometimes I feel like I take advantage of being full, truly, unconditionally loved by my family and fiance. I realized today {as many other days as well} that some people don't know that feeling. Some children may have never felt the love of a parent, and maybe just the opposite. It truly breaks my heart. The smiles I saw  from the kids today {even though they were cray cray all day} were pretty great. Truly appreciated. And I don't know one child that left the classroom unhappy today. They were simply full of love {and sugar}.

So today I just want to take some time to shed love to everyone, and especially those who don't get enough of it. As well I want to give a little extra love to everyone in my life who shows me such great love.  And to my fiance,  who I know hates being apart on the day of love just as much as I do. Someone better have themselves one heck of a Valentine's dinner date for me :)

Happy Valentine's Day to all you.

You all {not kidding} hold a special little place in my heart.

6 comments:

Neely said...

Happy valentines day fraaaaand

ashleigh said...

happy valentines day lovebug;
it'll be okay! just think you have the resssst of your lives together.

Syndal said...

Happy valentine's day!!

Nicole said...

WOW!!! What a great post. I recently wrote about my family story and how life was for me growing up and I didnt have love so now that I have a boyfriend that loves me I go above and beyond everyday to show my love.

Thanks for sharing this post.

Jane {In The Pink & Green} said...

So I just discovered your blog and am your newest follower! I'm also super addicted to Pinterest, there are just so many cute ideas out there! I love the ones you shared and I so wished it had been around when I was planning my wedding in 2009...except if it was I'm pretty sure my head might have exploded! xoxo

Brittanie said...

Just came across your blog and love it! Can't wait to follow your love story and posts to come!

Brittanie @ Three Bracelets
www.threebracelets.blogspot.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...