Friday, February 24, 2012

getting fit for lent


It's Friday and I think we all deserve a drink! I definitely need one.This has seriously been the longest week ever. Lucky for me, I get to spend the entire weekend with my crew. The whole crew.

Now for some lent updates. First of all I've got to tell you I never realized until Wednesday how flipping hard it was to not eat meat. Like, impossible. I felt like I starved myself all day long. Really? I really need to branch out of my foods! Obviously. 

Anyway, so the get fit for lent is only heading into day 3 so I don't really have much to say. I can show you my groceries for the week and some staples I use/will be using during lent! As the weeks go by I'll post healthy recipes I like, healthy food that tastes super amazing, and how I am dedicating all of this to Him! I mean, that is the point of it all right? 

Here my groceries from this week. Oh, and keep in mind...I'm on a tight budget so I can't get too crazy.  I keep it simple, yo.


Also keep in mind this was for like three days, and I already had sandwich thins and turkey at home.


For breakfast:

I usually have a Greek yogurt with granola or plain. Fast + Easy = Molly Style. I also like to eat a rice cake with pb and a sliced banana on top. Yummmmy. I tried overnight oats a few weeks back and totally failed. I will try again and see if I can get it taste like something better than cardboard.

For a snack:

I rock the almonds and usually a banana. Most of the time I am starving 10 seconds later so...looks like I need to think of some more :)

For lunch:

My lunch usually consists of a sandwich {turkey} plus a veggie and fruit. When I have them, I add a cheese stick to the mix too! By the way, check out this website for some AWESOME and healthy lunch ideas. I found this last night and am obsessed. You bet they hooked me on their containers. I'm too easy.

For dinner:

Well it's always a mystery. Lately I just have skipped it. Bad bad and more bad. That is one thing I hope to improve on during this time, making wholesome, healthy, and delicious dinners.

I cut my diet coke down to half a can a day {Because seriously let's get real...I can't just cold turkey give it up while using it to get me through the day with 10 and unders}


I heard vitamins are where it's at so I picked up these bad boys. I can't lie, I want to eat the entire container they are so darn good! I will let you know how I think they are helping/not helping. I am feeling more energetic but that could also be from eating healthier foods too.

So anyway, the point is I like to keep it simple and do what is easiest and works best for me. When I have my own place and own kitchen I know this will be way easier and I will be whipping up all sorts of concoctions. I like to think so, that is.

So join my best Lindsey & I through these 40 days of dedicating our health to God and feeling great! If y'all want we can always do a link up so we can motivate each other.

Either way HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!!!!

Cheers. Or chugs. Whichever.

14 comments:

Candace said...

My husband and I recently started eating healthier and it is so hard to make dinner with out some sort of meat. But it is getting easier. You will feel so much better!

Amanda said...

I could eat a hundred million of those gummy vitamins! I'd pop them like candy if it weren't for the fact that it's really bad for you to do that. Love that you're already "getting fit and healthy." I skipped my green smoothie this morning, and I ended up with 2 cookies and apple sauce with a coffee for breakfast. Oh well, it's Friday! WOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nicole said...

One a day has gummy vitamins?!?! Shut the door how in the world did I not know this. I must get some now.

Good job on the healthy lifestyle and lent. You can do it!!!

Lindsey H. said...

YAY! Looks like you're off to a good start too! I am also rocking the Oikos in the mornings - they are delicious! Wish they weren't so pricey though :/ geesh...

I'm so glad you decided to be my partner in crime on this. We can do it!!!

<3 Linz

Anonymous said...

Putting those vita-gummys on my list to buy today! I need to get more fruits and veggies in my diet too...

Unknown said...

Get it girl! Good for you eating so healthy :) I have been wanting to try the gummy vitamins but I have to finish my crappy ones first.

Laura said...

I'm so inspired by all this healthy eating! Just found your blog and am a new follower!

Syndal said...

what a great way to devote yourself for Lent..I'm excited to see more!

Meg O. said...

I have gone vegan some Lents and it is intense! My meatless staples are veggie burgers (or any of the Morningstar/Boca burger stuff in the grocery store) Hummus, carrots, pasta, peanut butter, sprouted whole grain bread, and much more I can't think of right now. I think it's great you're doing this for Lent! Hope it gets easier for you!

Amanda C. said...

I like apples or celery with peanut butter for a snack. I also like yogurt covered pretzels. Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Jamie said...

As soon as I saw the picture of the vitamins, I thought, "yum!". :)

Megan said...

I can't imagine cooking without meat! Haha! How hard!! You can do it!!!

Ali said...

Gummie vitamins have been dangerous forever. Example #1: Me circa 2002, under the guest room table, with my partner in crime Tyler, inhaling our goodie of choice; gummie vitamins. Costco had just started making giant containers of these gummies and this is when I realized that costco really understood what the necessary joys in life were. After that I was upgraded to "big girl" vitamins. Those disgusting ones that look and taste like dirt. ;)
xo

natasha {schue love} said...

There are some great ideas here...thanks for the healthy lunch snack! And I want to try that lemonade...yum!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...