Wednesday, February 8, 2012

being tested

There are so many times that I can recall that I am tested. Tested for what I believe in and am all about. So many times on this blog I try to stay positive and always looking at the best in situations. Sometimes, however, it is just plain hard to follow my own advice.



Yesterday I got a call from my mom that was a little, or sorta really upsetting at the time.





She told me that our wedding reception venue was suddenly sold out of nowhere and they were turning it into a fitness club. Therefore, no wedding reception for Molly and Jeff.



As well, the other venue in our town was reserved for that day. No August 11th for Molly and Jeff. So you can imagine how I was feeling. Upset. Down. Frustrated. Annoyed. Angry.  Not going to lie, the tears were rolling and rolling fast. Right when everything was coming together, something like that decided to happen. Sometimes I just think I'm being tested. Tested on how I will react to certain situations. How I will handle the challenges and the up and downs. The first thing I did was....well almost have a heart attack, cry, and then pray. Pray for strength and patience, as I know for darn sure I was going to need it.







Luckily, talking to Jeff and my mom calmed me down and I was able to sort of see the light in the situation. The small glimmer that was there. Even though the save the dates {anyone want 200 pictures of us ;)-haha} are done, my mom's present was bought, and the newspaper announcement there really wasn't much else that was paid for that depended on the date. Thankfully. Btw, I was totally way more dramatic earlier so I'm glad I wrote this when I calmed down. I know that it could have been a bazillion times worse. It could have been in July when we found out and then hell...I don't even know. So I'll count my blessings and move on.



I also would like to pretty please with a big scoop of peppermint ice cream ask y'all to please pray for us todayas we find out if the church is available for the previous weekend. I am praying so hard it's not even funny.  I know in the long run God will work his plans, and everything will work out exactly as it should. Like we all say, everything happens for a reason....right? Just kind of hard for me to understand in the moment of things. Okay, really hard.








I also wanted to give a lovely ol' shout out to my mom, dad, and Jeff. My mom has been so helpful through all of this and has done everything in her power to help me plan our big day. In many cases she has done more than me. I owe her everything. When she found this out she immediately checked on the dj and cake lady. Of course they were booked so she found two others. Jeff called the photographer {I was a hot mess at this point} and made sure the previous weekend was available. And my dad, well he comforted my mom as she had to deal with the whole mess first. I love them all with all that I have and am so damn thankful to have such great people in my life. I really can't say that enough, and I mean it with all that I am. My family completes me. Plain and simple. & of course thanks to my friends and y'all who supported me when I was in mid freak out mode!



Love you all!



Hopefully everyone has a HAPPY HUMP DAY!



Oh & good news....My dress is supposed to be in on Feb 29th! Yippee! Better start getting my hard core workout on.





16 comments:

Corinne said...

oh goodness. That has been one of my biggest fears planning our wedding and I feel terrible that it happened to you! It sounds like you have an amazing support group who is helping you and Jeff get back to having the wedding of your dreams. Praying for you today! Hope everything comes together quickly so you don't have to worry about this any longer!

TexanCouture said...

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about your reception venue. I'm sending you good vibes today. Hopefully the church will be available!

Jewels said...

Oh what a major bummer! I'm sorry. I will be praying for you today that everything will work out and your wedding day will be perfect. Like they say if you do not work hard for something then maybe it is not worth having :) Stay positive!!

B F said...

Hopefully everything works out ok! I remember having a similar situation happening to us for our wedding and I about lost it! Oh yes, and I was pregnant and all sorts of crazy! It WILL all work out! But I'm definitely sending good vibes your way today!

Amanda said...

Oh em geee! I would have FREAKED the eff out. And probably gonna off on a tirade/panic attack! I'm glad you handled yourself so well. I know for a fact that everything will work out perfectly :)

Megan at Megan Can said...

My oh My! Thinking of you today!

Kay said...

Thanks for that "Rejection" quote. I want to print it off and hang it up in my house somewhere.. Currently waiting to hear back from grad schools & the idea of being rejected has me feeling embarrassed already. I just got married in November and I don't think a wedding is a wedding without SOMETHING going wrong. But having an amazing wedding planner (SUPER mom) of my own.. you just have to try and remember that no matter what your day will be perfect because of the man that you are marrying and the reason you are having a wedding in the first place. I am praying for you that it all works out (it will probably be better than the original plan anyways!)

www.lifeafter-whatsnext.blogspot.com

KRISTIN said...

We had a sort of similar issue--our Pastor resigned three months before our wedding. She had married my mom and step-dad so it was really meaningful to us. I cried and yelled and thought the world was coming to an end. But, you're right, everything happens for a reason and the new Pastor we found was wonderful and perfect for us. I am so sorry to hear that this happened and hope that everything works out! It will, but it's OK to throw a fit once in a while! :)

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, I would have had a complete meltdown!! I hope you get good news today! Keep us posted.

Raquel said...

Oh no i'm so sorry to hear that! :( Ugh i would of thrown a HUGE bitch fit! I hope you guys find a place for the reception soon, as well as the church. Praying praying praying!

Tiffany said...

Oh nooo! I hate that for you!!! Keep up the postitive thinking. Hopefully you can get the church when you need it!!

Bethany said...

Thinking positive thoughts for you! Sounds like such a nightmare, but I am hoping it works better than you can even imagine :)

... said...

You definitely have the best attitude! I hear wedding planning can drive a woman mad...but I love how you are so positive, confident, and truly just let love win. :)

Melonie said...

It will be OK! You have your family and lots of love. Us Kansas girls are made of tough stuff. The lord must have a different date for you. Keep your head high and know in the end, its all perfect once you say those two words. "I DO"
BIG HUGS

Sara McCarty said...

Oh honey, I know exactly what you're going through. We had a destination wedding in Jackson Hole, WY in July and found out that January that they sold our venue and we'd have to find another place to have the wedding. Talk about freaking out! I spent days alternating between panic attacks and fits of bawling. Then we scrambled like crazy to fly out to Wyoming for another scouting trip in the middle of a giant winter snowstorm to find a new place. Absolute chaos. But I will say that we found a place we loved and I think the wedding was even better than it would have been at the original place. It's SO hard to realize it while you're going through it, but sometimes these things happen for a reason. And something always has to go wrong, you know. Hopefully this is your thing and everything else will be perfection. Best of luck in the rest of your planning.

Renee Arianna said...

I can't even imagine being told that the place had been sold. I would have been a complete and total basketcase. You're family sounds seriously amazing. And you are so right that God's plan is bigger than our own. I'm sure it will all work out how it's meant to be!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...