Monday, February 20, 2012

learning

I swear I am always learning.

Learning to be patient, kind, and accepting.

There are so many days I struggle with these. Days like today was one of them. Yup, definitely was. Molly grew her horns. I feel like I always try my very hardest to be a good person. To see good things in others, to not judge, and to pick others up. But I also know I am human. When I catch myself thinking bad, negative, and unhealthy thoughts I want to smack my own self upside the head.

Why do we do that? Why is it in our nature to judge? To unintentionally hurt feelings. To take our frustrations and insecurities out on others? Or heck maybe it's just me.

Every single time I get down I see myself taking it out on all the wrong people. I put down the ones I love, the ones who actually do care. I bring them down with them into this dark place even I don't want to be. Why? 

But each day I am learning. Learning to not let my stress and frustrations get the best of everyone around me and to just pray for help and guidance to get through each day, one at a time. I swear this is one thing I'm am quite awful at. I look at the future, instead of the present. I am realizing I just need to take it day by day, one situation at a time and everything little thing will be alright.

It's freaking hard, but it's nice to know I'm actually learning.




9 comments:

Bree said...

I'm one to look in the future, rather than at my present. It can be hard, but you're right! Take it one day at a time & everything will be alright :)

Amanda C. said...

I know what you mean. Why is it in our nature to judge? I catch myself more often then I want to admit. All you can do is try to learn form it and do better next time.

Holly said...

I know what you mean and agree with everything.

Just try and learn from anything that happens, and the people that love you, will still love you know matter what!

Never forget what an amazing person you are! :)

Rachel said...

What a great post! I love that you are open and honest about your faults. One of my weaknesses is that I get easily annoyed with the ones I love and take frustrations out on them when they don't deserve it. I completely understand where you're coming from! Thank you for this post :)

Amanda said...

Seriously, keeping ourselves in check is a CONSTANT process. It never stops. And I am continually learning too. Not to worry, friend!

henning love said...

man do i have to learn how to be patient, my fuse can be really short at times. and knowing you need to learn is the next step forward in making progress. i needed this post today

Karen said...

I know what you mean! ...And I love that quote- just perfect! ;)

<3 Karen from
simplylovethisblog.blogspot.com

Janet said...

Molly, you are so insightful! It sometimes takes my breath away or makes me cry but in a really good way! You are creating a really amazing journey for yourself and so many others! You thoughts, dreams, lessons learned, things you grapple with and how you tell your stories, just inspires me!

Kaylyn said...

Oh, Molly, I'm so glad you posted this!! I had a "come to Jesus" meeting over the weekend. I was just becoming too selfish and impatient and I totally hated myself for it. We all have days and its nice to know we're not alone in our struggles :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...