Tuesday, February 7, 2012

our love story

Today I'm going to share our love story. Linking up with the gorgeous Becky {one of my very favorite bloggers} for this one!



 1. How long have you and your significant other been together?
We are getting exact here. 3 years 3 months and six days. We have been together every since the very day we met and haven't separated since then.

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?}
You can see how we met here. However, to sum it up, I met him {unknowingly} at the ticket office at our college when I was picking up my football tickets for the season. I left wondering if I'd ever see him again. I then officially met him my sophomore year of college at a bar. And yes, I was sipping on some whiskey & cokes because we had just beat our rivals. It was fate at it's finest.

3. If married, how long have you been married? If not, is this the guy you hope to marry? {do tell}

Not married but getting married on August 11, 2012! Oh and to answer the question...ya I kind of hope to marry the guy ;)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? Big or small wedding?  If not, where would you like to get married? And will it be big or small?

We are getting married in my home town {which is very small} but our wedding is going to be decent sized. For some reason when you live in a small town you know WAY more people. Plus, your teachers and coaches seem to even be apart of your family. Our guest list of families so far is about 180.

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share!

Well he usually calls me babe, baby, honey, Moll, and that's about it.
For him I usually just call him whatever I am feeling at the time. Most common are babe, Jeffy, Jeffro. Sounds way lame writing them out. haha. They are mostly used in text and babe in person.

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey.

I guess these three things are kind of obvious but..

1.) He 100% has my back.
2.) He literally is my very best friend.  He loves me just for me, sweats and t-shirt included.
3.) He has the kindest and most full heart.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Or your ideal proposal?

You can check out the engagement weekend here! All I've got to say is Rockefeller Center Rooftop!

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberries, champagne, and rose petals?

One thing that actually really attracted me to him since the beginning of our relationship was his creativity and making things meaningly, and not just "traditional, expected" things. He has always made Valentines Day, birthdays, and any holiday...special. He usually makes homemade cards with a gift and flowers to go with it. Last year was one of my favorites, you can read that here.
 
9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch?

Well, I'm all about the beach but that just isn't quite possibly around these parts. I'm more like a dinner at the lake kind of girl I guess you could say. I also love just relaxing and watching a movie just enjoying each others company. Those are some of my favorite nights. However, popcorn needs to be included. Oh and maybe some skittles too. ;)

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere?

One thing I'd like to do with my man is travel outside the country. Preferably to Italy or Ireland. Or anywhere for that matter. I also want to jump out of a plane with that man, we shall see if I ever get the "balls". We were thinking about actually doing that for our save the dates. Jumping out of a plane, that is. We were going to hold our wedding date in the air on signs and say something about "falling for each other". Straight cheesiness. Then we realized it would be physically impossible. Too bad.

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day.

That's a good question. Since we both work all week and live two hours apart, I'm not sure how it will work out. Mr. Fiance said he would try to take the next day off so we could spend at least Valentine's night together. Crossing my fingers on that one.

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day?


Nope, never really have. I think it makes it more special when the gifts actually mean something. I really just hope to get a day with him. Since we live 2 hours apart and V-Day is on a Tuesday and we both work...it makes things a little more challenging.

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. 

Communication and being best of friends. If both are open and honest with their communication then there will never be any guesses or surprises. My advice? love with all you have.

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.



And that's how M + J became one...or well, almost one :)

24 comments:

Megan said...

I love seeing a little more into people's relationships. Looks like you got a good one :). And I love the jumping out of a plane for the save the dates. Such a cute idea and so creative. But you're right. Probably not possible ;).

Bree said...

Hope you guys get to spend valentines day together! My boyfriend and I are an hour apart, and he works till 8 and me until 7:30, so we probably will have to wait until the next weekend, or just celebrate this upcoming weekend, a little early :P

Megan said...

So sweet! Love this post!:)

I'm a new follwer! Can't wait to catch up on your blog! :)

Mrs. Mama said...

okay seriously, i had like 10 million things i wanted to say.. but then i got to the end with these GORGEOUS pics and it totally made me forget. so i had to scroll back! ha! but i loved all your answers.. i totally didn't know that you guys lived 2 hours apart, i bet you can't wait to be close again!

p.s. i cant wait until you two have babies :)
one word? BEAUTIFUL.

Katie said...

Awww... congrats on the upcoming wedding!!! Your photos... not to mention that ring!... are beautiful!

Kim said...

What a great story - I wish I could convince my husband to jump out of a plane with me. He flatly refuses.

Holly said...

Teachers and coaches definitely have to be involved! ahhh I swear we are soo much alike! haha

great story :)
I love, love!

xoxo

Pamela M said...

I am so thrilled to have found your blog through this linkup!! I love finding other newlyweds/almost newlyweds and your answers to the linkup were awesome!

Roxy said...

I too met my husband at a bar and we made googly eyes over a shot of whiskey. Congrats love birds!

Roxy
This South Korean's Got Seoul

Amanda said...

Love these love story answers, Molly! So sweet and happy! Can't believe that you guys are getting MARRIED this year! SO EXCITING!!!

Syndal said...

I love this! We're getting married just 1 week before you guys!

Unknown said...

Aww! This was so stinkin' cute! I love this link-up!!

Nicole @ Suddenly Snowden said...

What a cute story!! I love your save-the-date idea. You sound like me with great ideas and then OH how is that even possible?? :) Found you through the link up!

Anonymous said...

Adorable link-up! Love those pics of you two.

Bree said...

I love it :) You two are sooo darn cute together!

ashleigh said...

adorable =]

Katie {katie lately} said...

I love reading about how much you love him!!! Warms my heart :) So excited for these last couple months then MARRIAGE!! woohoo! :)

Bizi Ferguson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bizi Ferguson said...

I'm so happy I found your blog! You seem so happy. Glad to see another Kansan in the blog world! Now following!

Rock Chalk!

Bizi
www.thebizibee.com

... said...

I cannot get enough of you two! You are the sweetest and I love your story and your top reasons why you love him....so important! Lucky girl!!

Summer said...

what a great story! well I met the hubs in a bar too and instead of drinking whiskey and coke i was serving it lol! you two are so cute! love the pics love the story love this blog

Amber said...

Y'all are too cute! I love your Save the Date idea, too bad you couldn't make it happen :( I'm glad I came across your blog in Becky's link up!

Renee Arianna said...

Y'all are so cute together! I love this link-up!

College Dating said...

Aww.The two of you look cute together. Great love story! God bless the both of you in your lives together as husband and wife. :') I was really inspired after reading your post.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...