Thursday, February 9, 2012

big kid

You know what I realized tonight?

That I am going to be a "big kid" like all sorts of fast like. I mean, it's coming in...quick. I sort of forget that life won't always be exactly as it is now and has been the past four years. I realized this when I found a job posted that I absolutely wanted. So bad. 4th grade position at a great elementary school. Count me in!

That was the first time I realized that I am growing up. Not only with my job, but I am getting married. In 6 months. We will be getting our first place together in about 5 months. I will change my name. Luckily, I will probably act this age {you are only as old as you feel...right?}for most likely forever...but it's just so crazy for me to think about it...and exciting.



Everything will be changing. And I welcome that change, even though I'm sure knowing my no likey change self it will be hard at first. Now if only some little miracle would happen and I'd get the job. Now that...would be a heck of a wedding present!

So send good vibes to this elementary school and pray for miracles. A miracle is exactly what it would be. A girl can dream right?!

I hope everyone has an amazing weekend!

I'm heading to the homestead & can't wait to spend time with my loves.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope you get the job!!!

Courtney said...

I totally feel the same way! I am getting married in 3 months! Cant even believe it. We are currently house hunting and so much will change.

Corinne said...

ooo I really, really hope you get the job! I sent some prayers your way and will be keeping my fingers crossed. I completely understand how a job would be an amazing wedding present - We're relocating (back home! YES!) the week before our wedding (yes, I know, we're nuts) and I've been job searching and I Hate.It. I know I would have a lot less stress in my life if I could get that big item checked off my list.
TGIF!! ;)

Katie said...

This sounds really odd, and Debbie Downer, but I just read about this study that says you shouldn't wear your engagement ring to job interviews for several reasons. 1) It will work against you in salary negotiations - that they will see that big piece of jewelry, and/or know that you will have a secondary income, and lower your salary offer accordingly. (2) That they will expect you to take time off for wedding/honeymoon or to start a family, and will see you as a risk.
Not fun to think about, but maybe will help you get your dream job? Good luck!

KRISTIN said...

So exciting about the job! GOOD LUCK! Having just gotten married I'm totally with you on the "big kid" mentality. It's super weird and exciting and stressful. But I still act like I'm 21, so I guess I'm good.

Anonymous said...

found your blog from katie lately.

Already in love with it.

XOKAY
kaybellaa.blogspot.com

Katie {katie lately} said...

Ahhhh praying for you!! I totally had this same realization a few months before our wedding and I was like what the crap?! When did I grow up and become an adult!!! Scary, but SO FUN!

natasha {schue love} said...

It is definitely crazy to think about! I still don't feel "grown up" at times but then I think, I'm pregnant! Wow, this really is growing up!

Amanda said...

Sending you LOTS of good vibes. And as for change, I don't handle it all too well either. But I'm learning to embrace it more now. I mean, I'm moving in with a boy this weekend! Say what?!? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...