Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My Valentine's Date

It was full of pink and red fuzzies.

As you know, I am an Elementary Education major. We are kinda weird. We act like children. That's just what we do. So, every year on Valentine's Day we are cool and have a big Valentine's Day party. One person makes bags and the rest of us bring treats and cards. It's like we are in school. It's awesome. What's even better is I get to have Valentine's Day treats for the rest of my career. Heck yes. You would be glad to know, I was a good girl at this party. Everyone else ordered pizza and I depressingly sat in my seat with some yogurt, granola, and an apple. Who am I? I really don't even know.

All day I was thinking of what Jeff & I would be doing for the evening. Every year has been quite different, but it always involved FOOD. Instead of going out this year though, Jeff decided to be the chef. You can imagine how pumped I was when I got this text in class. This was after I stared at the people eating the heavenly  pizzas next to me. I was doing my happy dance.



Jeff made me be at his apartment at exactly 7:05 (changed from 7:00). What do you know, I got there about 7:07. When I arrived I saw Jeff standing outside the door swinging it open and shut. I was a tad concerned. He was literally, smokin. (It was only the steaks, don't worry) When I got to his door he put his hands over my eyes and told me to come in. Only the TV and lamp got in my way. He sat me on the couch and told me to open my eyes. That's when I saw this.



I was overjoyed. How freaking awesome. He's so creative. The food smelled AMMMMMMMAZING. It tasted even better. I'm talkin' lick my plate until there isn't even a crumb kind of good. I have never had steak wrapped in bacon, and now I am never going back to the horrid days when I didn't know what heaven tasted like. It was that good. What's in the basket you ask? He added his leftover scrapbook stuff he used for my card, The Pioneer Woman cookbook, new scarpbooking paper, and some totally sweet awesome beautiful amazing comfy perfect running shoes. Holy Hannah. How did I not faint? He put my scapbook of our New York trip and brownie cupcakes to shame.



We then enjoyed ourselves some wine and KU basketball. The game started to get rough, we started to lose, we got sad, so we switched to vodka. We then just enjoyed the rest of the night hanging out and doing what we do best, watching Criminal Minds. I might have to say that this was probably my favorite Valentine's Day yet. I loved staying in and having a more personal Valentine's Day. It was perfect. Company, food, wine, basketball, cupcakes, and criminal minds. I'm in love.

Valentine's Day #3 was a complete success.

Hope ya'll had a nice Valentine's Day with someone you care about =)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...