Tuesday, March 29, 2011

How I Met You, My Love

I have been debating whether or not to go into this topic.  As the days go by I slowly get sucked into each blog who actually has a story on how the couple met. I get intrigued actually. It seems like every single couple meet up is different and special in some sort of way. Everyone has a story. In many cases it took many bad stories to end up with their dream story. Mine is kind of funny, not so romantic. Perfect. Mostly funny. I don't want to ever forget it. It would be VERY difficult to forget such an event, but I want to make sure that even is my brain poops out on me that I'll have it in the books.......Shall we?




First of all, I know many of you may know this but I have been nannying for a family here in town ever since I was a freshman in college. Funny I mention this right now because just 20 minutes ago I was sitting here looking at pictures over the past three years of them crying at how much they have grown up. I don't get why babies have to grow. Lord help my heart when I have a child. Anyway, back to the story. One day in the fall of 2008 I was standing in line with my 3 yr. old  best friend waiting in line to get my football tickets. This line was LONG. I was debating waiting in it because it was hot and I didn't think Gray would be able to hang out that long. I asked him if he wanted to leave but he was busy making friends with the students in front of us while hiding behind my legs when they talked to him.  I finally got  to the front of the ticket line after 30 minutes of waiting. I see you, who asked me the usual "can I have your ID" blah blah blah I hear everytime. Then he made me laugh. I will never forget that laugh. I will never forget how I felt when I left that building. I wish I could remember what it was about but I know it was when I was signing my signature to get my tickets. I left their thinking, "I wonder if I'll ever see him again." Hmmm. I don't know how A.) I remember that. I SUCK at remembering ANYTHING. B.) I remember exactly how I looked as I laughed and signed that piece of paper. Still confused on all that. However,  I left knowing I'd probably never see whoever this mystery man was who gave me my football tickets. I left not knowing that some day you were going to be my fiance.





FFWD:

It all continued one evening on November 1, 2008. I was a sophomore in college and he was an old fogie of a senior (technically-he was doing an internship). Wanna know how I got his attention? I drank about 4 whiskey and cokes with my roommate. Doubles. Oh yes, my glory days. I was done for. A sheet in the wind if you must say. It was after a win against our biggest rivals KState, so I was rearing to go. We got to the bar around 7. That speaks for itself. Anyway, after a couple hours went by I saw some people from my hometown and went to say hello. They were with a group of boys from a town close by my hometown. Remember, I'm three sheets in the wind here so I am miss social butterfly..or hummingbird. I told everyone I knew the bartender and was going to get everyone free drinks. You are probably thinking correctly, no I had no idea who the bartender was. Too bad too, I'm sure I cost someone some money that night. I also was stealing  borrowing peoples drinks after they ordered them if they looked away. Remember, three sheets in the wind. I look over and see a familiar face. I have no idea why it is familiar but I recall the sentence, "I know you from somewhere. Where have I seen you? YOU ARE MY TICKET MAN!" That is where ticket man began. When I was least expecting it. At that point I was over men. I was over it all. Until "you" came into my arms. He began as I was killing brain cells and having the time of my life. The rest of the night was  a big blurr other than the dancing, laughs, I'm sure falling over, and getting on the phone with someones dad telling him to come party. I love how I met my ticket man. I love it because it is so fun. So college. So random. So......perfectly meant to be. I woke up the next day in a blurr. I saw that I called someone the night before and put his name in my phone as "Jeffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff" . I wondered if I put his number in my phone, or if he gave it to me. I wondered once again, if I'd ever see him again.



Ticket Man thought it would be a good idea to creep on me on facebook and add me a day or two after our meet up (hehe).  I couldn't figure out if this was cute or creepy. Ticket Man texted me the next day.  He swept Miss Whiskey loving, I love bad boys who treat me like poo poo off of her feet. He took me to dinner, made me salads that had carrots made into hearts, slipped notes under my pillows,  and would surprise me with flowers. If there is a man in this world with a bigger heart than Ticket Man (okay maybe my dad and brothers) than I would like to see him. I fell in love with that boy's heart the day I met him and continue to each day. He has never been anything but supportive, kind, genuine, and real with me throughout these 2.5 years together. I can't wait to tell my kids that story of how we met. : /

I love you from the bottom of my heart T.M. Thanks for saving me on November 1, 2008. Thank you for showing me love, real true beautiful love. I'm glad to call you mine.




11 comments:

Abby said...

What a sweet story and your pictures are so cute~ you two make a beautiful couple!

Alexandretta said...

That was hysterically adorable.

Bree said...

Aww haha your kids are going to laugh!
I love reading people's stories of how they met too. I'll admit, when I find a blog I love, I often see if they have their story somewhere :P

Unknown said...

oh my gosh Molly this is so adorable and so unique! i love how you two meet! the funny thing i was going to post something similar to this for my 'tomorrow post' haha ;) it's not as cute as yours but it'll have to do ;)

Amanda C. said...

I love stories of how people meet. It is really interesting to me too. Btw, you two are so cute together.

Meagan said...

OMG I love this. That is so stinkin cute and sweet! What a fun and memorable way to meet...you deserve it girl!

Cheesecake! said...

This was very sweet and actually one hell of a story. Guess it wouldn't have happened as spectacularly without alcohol, the social lubricant! But side note, you have a great story to tell.

Molly S. said...

Thank you all for the sweet comments :) I laugh everytime this story is told. I guess whiskey just makes me smarter! Ha. Ha.

Cara said...

I love love stories! So freaking adorable!

Christi said...

You story just gave me chills. I have a simular love story. I seen Amish (a name my friends gave him because he looks amish) about 2 months before I really "met" him, but wasn't in the mood to talk because I just broke up with a guy. In Oct of 08 he came into the bar I was working at. That following week looked my up on FB, I was attempting to blow him off which worked until Halloween when my friends wanted to go to that bar (that I had never hung out at until I started working there and even then I never hung out there). We talked on Halloween night and November 1, 2008 was our first official date. We get married this August and I can't wait to tell my kids out story. I made it through some very broken roads to get where we are and it's magic to me.

I love reading other peoples love stories and congrats on finding your "ticket man".

Unknown said...

I believe that was my father you called to come party ;). If I remember correctly.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...