Saturday, May 21, 2011

Letter to my Freshman Year Self

If I could write a letter to myself when I was a freshman in college....this is what I'd say.



Dear Freshman Year of College Molly,


I have a lot to say to you, but because you seem to be hard of hearing...or just don't pay attention I will make it short and to the point. You are going to experience the best year of your life. Well, other than when you were in grade school, but more grown up (drinking) fun. You will grow, so so much my dear. You will learn true love, heart break, what a "real" test looks like, and how to gain brain cells by drinking whiskey. The last one I would never tell you unless I knew it were true.
You are smart. Really bright, but you don't give yourself enough credit. You always think you can do better. But please know that being YOU is enough. And it will make you really really happy to realize that in the next few years.



I want you to know that it will all be worth it. I promise.
Every late night, 10 page paper, lesson plan, and project will be completely worth thit.
Don't worry about the boys that broke your heart, they don't turn out to be that great anyway.
Actually, they turn out really shitty, so just make them buy you free dinners and movies :)
You will be so thankful for those heartbreaks when you meet your fiance at a bar. However, you should probably hold off of the whiskey that night so you can actually remember it.
You keep it classy, obviously.



  I want you to remember not to waste a second of your college life because it will go by so, so fast.
So make your dorm closet doors into beer pong tables, go out on every day that ends with y (mabybe mot that), and eat and cherish every meal someone else makes for you in that place!
Don't forget to take your bed out of the hallway, you will get written up for it.
And will get really, really angry.



All in all,
I wouldn't ask for you to do anything differently.
Do your thang. Do what you think is right. And always be true to yourself.
Because you had the time of your life, lived, and learned a HELL of a lot whether you had to learn the hard way or not.
And despite those days at the beginning of the semester when you and your roommate didnt get along...
you turn out being best of friends.


Never stop dreaming.
Because you dream BIG, and always will.

I miss u.
But I'm graduating and have to move on now.
(Don't think I still can't bong a beer though. WATCH OUT.)

XOXO

Senior (a little more mature) Graduated Molly
Rock Chalk Jayhawk!!
(Cheers to Graduation ceremony #1!)





7 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

This is so cute, I love it! Makes me think of the Brad Paisley song! Congrats on graduation!!

Brenna said...

This is fabulous!

Anonymous said...

This is so great (: I just finished my freshman year so I almost feel like you are (kind of) talking to me!

I really like the emotion and nostalgia behind your words. It reminds me of what I would say to my freshman year self during high school (minus the drinking and whiskey!). What a growing experience that was.

Thank you for sharing (:

Abby said...

Aw cute idea. Sounds like you lived your college days to the fullest!

Lauren Nicole said...

you're such a doll!!

Sabrina Says Blog said...

I got goosebumps reading this!! SO cute!

It really made me reminisce... I loved it!

Sabrina Says

Emily said...

this is so great! i feel like my freshman year of college was so long ago, I wish i would have done something like this before so I could keep up with my memories. my brain sucks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...