Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Wedding Wednesday (Cinco)

Dang,wish this post was tomorrow so it
could correlate with Cinco de Mayo!
You win some you lose some.

However, today's Wedding Wednesday is a tad different.
I'm busting out something personal I just received this past weekend.
It was a gift from Jeff's aunt for our engagement, which was extremely generous and kind.

I absolutely love this art work.
Love.It.
I haven't experienced "marriage" yet,
but I think what I've experienced is perdy darn close.
Close enough at least.



I think I've read it like 100 times already.
It is so, so true.
I want to be that old couple people just stare at because they cannot 
even fathom how two people can still love each other so much after that many years.
It truly warms my soul even thinking about it.


Relationships and marriages are tough. Shit isn't always easy, I've definitely realized that.
However, I have also realized that it takes work, dedication, communication and so...so so much love and patience.
Goodness I'm still learning the patience.
Actually, I'm learning different things pretty much daily.


It is when at the end of the day, no matter what happened, what arguments
were made, that you still want to wake up next to that person
every day for the rest of your life.
It is knowing you can't even imagine your life without them.
(even if you realize this a few hours later ;))
It is knowing that is isn't always going to be FUN happy "I LOVE YOU BABY"  times,
but to use your love for each other to get through it, to get past obstacles that are put in the way,
and to dedicate your time and effort to loving and being happy with each other.

To me, the most important thing is to laugh.
I enjoy being engaged to my best friend.
Through the good and the bad.
I cannot wait for that pretty little word called marriage.

Happy HUMP day!



9 comments:

Abby said...

Aw, this is so sweet and true! Sounds like you are going to have a wonderful marriage ;)

Suze said...

LOVE that artwork and it is SOOOOO true! My grandparents are those people you speak of that are old seriously! 67 years of being married! You have the right attitude about relationships and marriage girl, seriously! laughter is def good for the soul :)

Kimberley said...

WOW-- that is the best present ever! What a wonderful saying and totally true! You seem completely ready for it, you will be so happy :) xx

So shay said...

I LOVE THAT PAINTING! So so true! :)

Amanda C. said...

Amen sister!

Maria Noelle said...

love the art work! it's beautiful and so true. I'm not married, not even engaged--yet, but I LOVE it. :) thanks for sharing!

Michelle said...

LOVEEE the painting! I'm not married so I have no advice! HAHA You always write sweet and sincere posts <3

Cara said...

i love wedding wednesday! what a wonderful gift. you should have people write words of encouragement at your reception in a book for you two to read when things feel tough!

Kelly said...

Wow!! What a fabulous testament. I love the ending... It's about being a good partner. So touching, Molly!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...