Friday, March 11, 2011

Be YOU, everyone else is taken

I'm gonna take a day and explain myself.
Who I am?
What is this gal all about?
We are always trying to "find" ourselves.
But why?
We are RIGHT here.
Literally.
Sometimes we look too much into what
we should beome, instead of enjoying who we are and what we are here for.
I know I get caught up in changing things, trying to be something I'm not,
and it always leaves me frustrated and confused.
Then I think...."What the heck is wrong with just being ME."
Nothing.
If people don't like that I tell weird jokes or make lots of crazy faces,
why should I let it get to me and make me think I need to change?
Being myself is good enough for me.
It is perfect for me.
I am done trying to be someone to please others.
The most important person to please is MYSELF,
then I can please, inspire, and help others.
Me.

I love country music.
I firmly believe laughter is the best medicine to anything.
I absolutely LOVE sunshine and physical activities. (Maybe a brew on the side)
I like games. HATE to lose. But that never happens ;)
I would rather hang out with little kids than people my age.
(They are much nicer. And quite funny.)
I absolutely love to write. I didn't know this until I started writing for fun.
This blog truely makes me smile. I have no idea why. But it does.
I love cowboy boots and they are much more comfortable than heels.
Don't get me wrong though, I love me some stilettos.
I'd rather wear athletic clothes than dress up.
I can't sing.
At all.
But I sing my stinking heart out for the whole world to hear.
I crack myself up sometimes, although others don't think it is as funny.
I laugh anyway.

I am really passionate about changing this corrupt world.
I want God to be first in my life, I'm still working on that.
I curse like a sailor, I just cannot help it.
I love how I feel after I exercise but I sometimes have to force myself into the gym.
I am me.
Flaws included.
Be Yourself.
You have no other choice.
You might as well enjoy the beautiful person you are.
And I promise you, you are a beautiful person.
Inside and Out.
Don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
God created you to be....simply you. And YOU is more than
enough.
=)

1 comment:

Kelly said...

This was such a fabulous post!! I too love sunshine, physical activity... and of course a beer or two ;-) And I curse like a sailor too but don't tell anyone, it's my worst fault. And OF COURSE I love that you love the 'Hawks :-D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...