Monday, March 28, 2011

We Aren't in Kansas Anymore

So much to say, so much to say.
I am sad to announce I no longer have photobooth to take pictures of myself each day.
I know..I know. It'll be okay though, life will go on.
I missed you guys yesterday.
The road from MN to KS took over my life instead.
Wanna know something funny?
Kansas welcomed me back with SNOW. What? I think that was supposed to stay in MN.
As many of you know I ventured on up to Minnesota for a short spring break to see my lova.


It was nothing short of fabulous as it usually is.
Sunday had to come though, unfortunately.
I actually learned a few things this weekend.
A.) Minnesota folks somehow know us foreigners are NOT from their state. I don't get how they can tell so easssssily. Maybe it was the cowboy boots? OR maybe it was because I was wondering around town like a lost puppy? OR maybe because I didn't know how to talk with their sweet accents?
B.) I love love love going to other states and traveling in general. A LOT.
I love discovering and learning things I'd never known about before.
I discovered Trader Joes.


For some reason I felt like it was a must do (especially with all of you foodies out there talking about it) and was probably too excited about going there. I may or may not of had Jeff drive 20 minutes out of the way to go there. I almost cried when they didn't have chia seeds but I put my big girl pants on and carried on.
I also discovered Owatonna, MN.
Owatonna is a cute little town that Jeff lives in and I managed to get lost in.
I love going to new towns. It gets me excited to have no idea where I am going and just drive around and find cute little stores and diners.
I got to eat at an ammmmazing bagel diner. Old Town Bagels. You will be dreaming of bagels in your sleep if go here.



The bagels were so soft. I never even knew a bagel could be that soft and delicious.
They had bagel sandwhiches ranging from pb & bananas, to pizza bagels, to breakfast bagels.
I wanna go back. Right now.
I discovered that when you are in a bar in MN and yelling for KU, you will get stares because most of them really don't care if KU wins. Actually, most probably want them to lose. That's just how the cookie crumbies when you are a #1 seed. (Ya...I don't wanna talk about it).
They do, however, talk to you about Kansas. They dig Kansas. So do I.
 This is when  I discovered the Big 10 Zone.

Crown Shots. Yup.

This was the best out of the two. I think our waitress had more crown shots than us.



Team Federated took over this bar.
Literally. The entire bar.

Bubba Gumps was also something VERY new. VERY out of my element.
I am now obsessed.
I downed my Mahi Mahi in probably in 5.7minutes record time.
Obsessed.
Another obsession?
Mall of America + Lola
That store capured me for a good 45 minutes.
I wish I had a picture but Jeff was sitting at the front of one of the stores next to the entrance.
I kept apologizing because I was taking so long.
Jeff: "Take your time I have a place to sit and I'm watching basketball on my phone."
I love you iphone.
The Mall of America was a highlight of the weekend. Holy 4 floors.





Jeff: "I don't think I've ever been to a mall for this long in my LIFE."
Ya, me either. We were there NINE hours. Wowzers.
Good thing he has basketball on his phone.
I wish I had a picture but Jeff was sitting at the front of one of the stores next to the entrance.
I kept apologizing because I was taking so long.
Jeff: "Take your time I have a place to sit and I'm watching basketball on my phone."
TGFI (Thank God for Iphones)
There were some things that also were quite normal.
Like...me spending great quality time with my love.
Eating out with J. Steve (No Jeff, I haven't gotten off that yet.)
Watching Jeff fall asleep in chairs.

(I love you :))
Shopping with Jeff.
Watching KU ball.
Meeting new people.
These are all quite normal.
This is what makes being away from J so much easier.
It is so great when we are reuinited.
The team back in action.
The duo in full force.


Even though Minnesota treated me VERY well it is nice to be back in Kansas where I know my way around the streets and don't get crazy "who are you?" stares.
I miss the Minnesota accents already though.
Happy MONDAY.
Make it a good one :)
I am going grocery shopping.
Pray I don't spend my life savings again.






4 comments:

Abby said...

Aw, so sweet. Glad you had a good wknd! One of my best friends is from Minnesota, so I go up every summer or so. The Mall of America is ALWAYS a must-see. SO MUCH SHOPPING!

Sierra said...

looks like you had an amazing time!! i went to the mall of america long ago and loved it! i want to go back someday. i found your blog on 20 Something Bloggers and it's great! i am a new follower and i actually used to date someone in Lawrence, KS so i was there all of the time. i miss that town if you are near there or have been.

Sierra said...

thanks for your comment love and i was wondering if you lived there - i thought as much since my ex went to your same school. ;) i really do miss going to Missouri to go shopping and Lawrence really grew on me! thanks for stopping by my blog - looking forward to reading yours, xo!

Katie Mar said...

love this!! i'm so jealous that you went to trader joe's... i want to go so badly!!! thats sad that they didn't have chia seeds :(
looks like youre having a great time :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...