Friday, March 4, 2011

You are Amazing

just the way you are....

First of all. HAPPY FRIDAY. The day has finally arrived. I have been waiting since....Monday. Jeff comes tonight. A hotel in Kansas City comes tonight. Smiles come tonight. I cannot wait. Well, I guess I can because I have to wait.

Anyway, last night as I was trying to distract myself from a.) my cold should from my buffalo sauce event b.) my student teaching form/essays c.) any homework I could have done since I have a butt load due Monday I came across something quite interesting. Something that brought a little wood to my fire. Or fire to my wood. Or something.

Operation Beautiful

The Mission:

The goal of the Operation Beautiful website is to end negative self-talk or “Fat Talk.”  If this little blog only does one productive thing, I hope it helps readers realize how truly toxic negative self-talk is  — it hurts you emotionally, spiritually, and physically.

Through my own experiences fighting Fat Talk, I’ve realized the power behind an anonymous act such as Operation Beautiful.  When I post a note, I’m saying, “I CHOOSE to be positive!”

I began Operation Beautiful by leaving positive messages on the mirrors of public restrooms — at work, at the gym, at the grocery store.  I scribble down whatever comes to mind — "You are beautiful!" or "You are amazing just the way you are!"  My personal goal is to leave as many Operation Beautiful notes as I can. Maybe some people read them and just smile, but I bet some people are truly touched by the effort of a random stranger.

I was at a loss for words. This is just the thing teens and women need today with so many high expectations placed on them to be "perfect", "skinny", and "freaking plastic". It is wrong. Everyone was is beautiful, just the way they are. God didn't make you to be someone else. He made you to be YOU. To love what HE gave you. To be proud of the shoes you walk in. This really touched a little place in my heart and I hope this movement stays strong.

I know we all get caught up on the scale telling us what we are worth. No matter the size, weight, curvilicious (hmm..word? Prolly not), red hair, black hair, brown hair, etc you are AMAZING. BEAUTIFUL. Just the way you are. I've learned that being my self is enough. If it is not enought for others, I do not even need them in my life. They can be gone like a freight train, gone like yesterday.

Love who you are, because there is only ONE you. And you, my friend, are absolutely beautiful.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fabulous Find for this Fine Fantastic Fruity Friday

This find is not a craft. Even though I had like five million I could/wanted to show you. I wanted to bust out a little food. I stumbled upon heaven itself the other day. It reminds me of home. It reminds me of camping. It reminds me of happiness. It reminds me of little kids. It reminds me of everything that I love. So, I am sharing my love with you. Are your ready? Are you sure? Will you make this for me? I am craving it. Get in my belly.

Peanut Butter - S'mores Turnovers @ Recipe Girl

@Source
Seriously? Is this real life?

@Source
I didn't think so.

@Source
The end. I have fainted.

Thank you RecipeGirl.com for showing me the light at the end of the tunnel. I cannot possibly imagine what that gooey amazingness tastes like. Soon, I will find out.

Go to her site to find the ingredients and instructions. I may get a slap on the wrist if I steal evvvverything. I just wanted you to see what the world is missing. A little bit of heaven and smoreness.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you


 



I miss and love you very much, Grandma.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

omg- that dessert looks AMAZING- i may have to do one myself :) i agree i love operation beautiful and Caitlin did a fabulous job creating such a wonderful project to have teenagers be more aware of 'fat talk'. love your post and blog!

Katie Mar said...

love this, molly!!

Molly S. said...

Cait- I agree. I keep going back and staring at it hoping it will just make itself and jump onto a plate. I think a sample will have to be coming soon :). Caitlin is in fact an inspiration and has really got me thinking of ways to continue to her mission and start one here at home. If you try those S'mores please please let me know how heaven tastes!

Katie- Thanks girl. I love when I see good going on in this crazy messed up world. I also love when I see your new baking treats. If only I could hire you to teach me. haha.

P.S. I can't reply to your comments individually. Poo. Is this normal or is my blog the only one? Hmmm.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...