Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Win TODAY

Someone needs to add more hours to the day. I elect myself. I can sleep when I'm dead, right? But I was just thinking today of each period of my life when I have felt overwhelmed. Then I always start a new period and realize the one before was a piece of cake and worried for nothing. I use to complain all the time in high school how I was sooo busy and school was sooo hard, and now I look back and think really...I thought "that" was hard? Now, in college, I am feeling  the same way. I know when I get a job I will think "wow, and you thought college was time-consuming". Then I'll have a kid and think "holy cow, nothing adds up to the busy life I have now" (or "wow, I never thought a small child could blow out 500 bazillion diapers in an hour")


This past weekend in church my dad asked me, "Are you going to win today?" Ya, well I was confused. Win what today? What do I have to win today. Well he had forgotten I wasn't at the same mass he was a few weekends before and the pastor talked about just winning today. Stop thinking ahead and worrying. Just think about the here, now present, day, the RIGHT NOW. Win, TODAY. Just today. Worry about winning tomorrow, tomorrow. I spend way way wayyyyyyy too much of my time worrying about things that are a.) out of my control b.) not relevant yet or c.) that I know will work out but think of all the obstacles in the way. Grr. Bad.


I thought about this because I'm sitting here freaking out about an assignment due tomorrow, a test I have Thursday, and a project I have due Monday while working tonight until 10 and attending our last home basketball game tomorrow (okay okay...I don't HAVE to go but geez I'm in college and it's SENIOR night --Class of '11 whoop whoop) So why why why do I freak out when I know it'll be fine. I know I'll get it done. I know if I spent as much time  getting things done as I did worrying, I wouldn't even need to worry. I wonder if typing this is rub bing off on me? I hope, because these notecards are not going to read themselves. I am just worrying about TODAY. Winning, just today.

On the plus side. I woke up early today as you would be happy to know. Like, really early. Try 1.5 hours early. I woke up showered, ATE breakfast (in peace, no running), straightened my hair (for the first time during the week in uhhh..months), and took my time getting ready for the day. Bliss. Oh, the simple things in life.

I actually tried some almond butter I bought at Dillons in the organic section and have some mixed feelings. It tastes like almonds, and I LOVE almonds, but it still doesn't have a chance against peanut butter. Sorry almond butter, maybe next time. My eggs definitely agreed with me that they would rather be squished up again peanut butter. I must say my eggs are pretty smart.



I was actually productive last night and made myself a smoothie. I call it Berry Delicious. Or just plain awesomeness.

The Smoothie:

-1 1/4 c. Orange Juice
-1 1/4 c. Berries (I used stawberries, blueberries, and raspberries)
-1 banana
-1/2 cup of low fat yogurt (I used vanilla)

(I finally got to use my new cup =))


Whenever I have been getting hungry today I've been sippin on some syrup/smoothie. Delish. For lunch, I kept it simple. BUT had another food trial. Red pepper hummus on my turkey and cheese sandwhich. It welcomed me with open arms. I love you guys and your blogs for making my taste buds happy and acquiring new tasted. They would say thaks if they could.



It was joined by a few strawberries, raspberries, and carrot sticks. Get in my belly! So good. The hummus really kicked up the turkey sandwhich and gave it an extremly tasty flavor. No more boring turkey sandwhiches for this gal.

Now I'm hungry.

When I arrived home from work I had another really package waiting for me. Can you guess what it is?



A few of my cookbooks are finally arriving in the mail from last week. The mail man probably thinks I am crazy because I get so excited for my mail. Maybe it's just me, but I get REALLY really excited when something in the mail has my name on it ( other than bills, obviously ).

Now it's time to spend my Tuesday night with my favorite kiddos.

XOXO

MJ

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...