Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fail

"Be thankful for what u have; you'll end up having more. If u concentrate on what u don't have, u will never, ever have enough." -Oprah

This morning I woke up early to finish studying for my test like a good student would do. I looked at blogs studied for an hour and a half. I had time to make a little breakfast. Remember the smoothie I made yesterday? Ya well I decided I wanted other one. They are just SO. STINKING. GOOD. This time I added blackberries into the mix. More berrylicious than before. I also switched out my normal low fat vanilla yogurt for strawberry greek yogurt. I likey. Plus, I couldn't even taste the two handfuls of spinach I put in. Thankful.


I got to use my favorite new cup again. Always a good day. Thankful.


I do remember I got ANOTHER cookbook in the mail yesterday. Score. Thankful. Ya lots of sticky notes. I was studying hard. Excuse the nasty mop called my hair.



On another note, I got a really  bright idea today that I needed some chicken and buffalo in my life. I haven't cooked a dinner for awhile. I've been kinda busy. Or really busy. I actually can't even remember what I had for dinner this past week. That can't be good.

Anyway, I had this idea. I went with it. I trusted my instinct.

I dipped the chicken, covered it in crumbs, buffalo sauce (a new kind), and let it bake until it couldn't bake anymore. Or until the timer went off.

In the meantime I made a salad with black beans. It was surprisingly really good. Thakful. I was actually getting nervous while the chicken was baking. I was excited. I was anxious. I couldn't wait to try my new recipe. Is this what cooking is suppose to do? 



I pulled my brocoli out of the freezer and got it a cookin'. I took it out and ripped it open. Oh no. It had a K on the bag. K is not for Molly. Maybe to a preschooler, but I suppose I'm too old for that excuse.

Knowing that I'd just go buy her some more later, I wasn't really too worried. I felt bad of course, but this is not life or death here. Thankful.

The timer went off and I got excited again as I took out my chicken filled with buffalo sauce. Err. It wasn't quite crispy like I thought. I probably shouldn't of put the buffalo sauce on early. I didn't think. Obviously. I was like ok, whatever so it's not really crispy, it must still taste good. Buffalo sauce is always good. Always. So I thought.


"Dont pick me. Don't pick me. PLEASE, do not pick me."

I almost cried. Okay, maybe just had a really sunken heart. That is not dramatic, at all. ;)  I was not expecting something I counted on so heavily to let me down. Darn you buffalo sauce. Lucky for the sauce (that I didn't throw it very hard onto the floor) I thought of another way to eat it that without it tasting funky. BooYA! I put it in my salad. Thankful. This was a lovely idea, if I do say so myself.

So I ate the fail of what I thought was going to be scrumptious chicken, and went on with my night. I may or may not have complained to Jeff for 10 minutes about how upset this made me. I guess I have learned my  lesson on cheating on my orinigal buffalo sauce. Harm will be done. Buy with caution.

I guess success always comes with a large number of fails, right?

I hope.

There is no fail tomorrow because my love with finally be back in God's country, the Jayhawk nation. It's been a long time comin'. I can't wait to see my baby's handsome face. Two weeks feels like years. Can't wait to be in those big muscley arms once again :) THANKFUL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 15 - A picture of something you want to do before you die

Funny that this is the picture of the day considering I added my bucket list today. Funny Funny.



Do a flip on a wakeboard. Someday. Someday. Maybe I should start by not being afraid to go over the wake. Baby steps.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...