Sunday, March 20, 2011

Opening Your Eyes


@Source

I live for the days when my eyes are re-opened.
When my heart grows just a little more.
When I realize that there are so many good things in this awful world.
Today my eyes were once again re-opened to the joys of life.
I can thank church for that one today.
I walked out of there a happier gal than I was when I walked in.
The priest was talking about how we need to stop trying
to change people and let them be the person God intended them to be.
I cannot even describe how true and needed this statement is.
He provided a story (I'll make it short) about how others viewed his grandfather.
They came to a conclusion that he was so respected and loved because he loved everybody for who they are, flaws included. This is what life is really about. Seeing the good in others.
So many times I get caught up in judging others, even when I try so hard not to.
Sometimes we just need to take a step back.
Really look at our lives.
 Look at who we want to be, and try to see the good in all things and all people.
Just as we would hope others would do the same for us.
The world always needs a little more good.
Sorry, this hit me and I wanted to share.
Plus, seeing the good in others makes us see the good in ourselves.
Try it.
Happy Sunday
=)



3 comments:

Unknown said...

so true Moll! I love having days/moments like this where you take everything in around you and be calm. reflection is key to understanding ourselves. :) have a wonderful sunday! ps i've got an extra duffel with your name on it for my trip! xo

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow thanks so much for this post. This was something that I indeed needed to be reminded of.

Jacque said...

Aww looks like we had similar thoughts today, my post is very much like this. :) Happy Sunday and hope you have a good week with a little more good in it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...