Sunday, March 13, 2011

Home Sweet Home

A weekend at home,
what could be better?
Well I could think of maybe a couple things,
but only if my familia joins the party.
Hold on while I day dream of beaches,
mountains, sunshine, palm trees,
 and anywhere else that reminds me of paradise.
I don't wanna wake up.
Anyway.
The weather was BEAUTIFUL.
So pretty that I just wanted to run
around singing "Spring is in the aiiiiiir".
Ahhhhhhh, sunshine. I love you.
Weekends at home are always so relaxing.
Ya know, there is just nothing like home.
No matter where your home is.
Home is HOME.
It makes you feel safe.
It just makes me smile.
It makes me not care if I am wearing sweat pants
 with a grease stain on them.
Not that  I would do that or anything.


Today we woke up to a perfect warm day.
I wish I could put that sunshine in my little pocket.
We enjoyed a nice walk around town and
were in search for the leprechauns in the St. Patrick's Day parade.
First we thought it was at 11, then 1, then not at all, and finally figured out it was a 2.
We were bound determined to find that dang parade.
Well, my mom was at least. :)
I would have pictures but uh...it was around 8 minutes long.
We do it big in small towns baby!
Speaking of small towns.
I love them.
I love the fact that I can walk into any store,
walk down any street, go to any restaurant, and I would know a friendly face.
I love feeling at home. I love how friendly people are, and I love that
they care about each other and their well being.
After the parade I guess I felt like burning a whole in my pocket.
(Probably shouldn't have after the 108 buckeroo speeding ticket I got
yesterday. Ya...about that)
I came back with these bad boys.

HOLLA!
The day only got better with some porch swining, grilling (I watched),
sitting outside, watching the Jayhawks, and doing a little "Just Dance".
My dad made some bad ace pheasant wraps.
Really.
They are the most delicious treat on the grill.
They were marinated in Italian dressing and wrapped in
bacon with jalapenos in the middle.
mmmmmm. Come to Mama.
He is the king of the grill.
He is currently taking autographs in case you were wondering.
My dad and his wraps are thebomb.com



Most importantly we got to witness...
Are you ready?
Are you sure?
Do you wanna know?
Am I getting annoying now?
Okay..we got to witess KU winning the BIG XII CHAMPIONSHIP!
(I know I know this may not be a big deal to all)
Whoot Whoot!
That is what I'm talkin' about folks!
Cheers to the Hawks and their sweet bball skills and slammin dunks.
In YO face Texas(s).
The weekend continues to be a success because most
importantly...I'm with people I love very very much.
I just wish Jeff was here.
Minnesota please give me my boy back :)



Those are number on fingers + game faces. Btw.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Saturday!
Don't let a day go to waste.
Life is so so very precious.


So just dance.
XOXO 

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love this post!! :-D I feel the exact way about going home too. Looks like you guys had beautiful spring weather too, the grillin' looks delish! Props to the dad :-) ROCK CHALK!

Molly S. said...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk, INDEED. Let the tournament BEGIN! :) And I'm sure my dad appreciates the props =)He very well deserves them.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...