Thursday, March 10, 2011

Heaven in a Pan

AKA: Better-Than-Crack Brownies (as Jessica calls them)

All because two people fell in love...


This little baby was created.
And then three people fell in love.
Me + Chocolate + Peanut Butter = Love
After today I was really hungry for a meal.
Like a meal that actually made me full and wasn't veggies and chicken.
(Don't get me wrong I very much enjoy chicken and the greenery)
I wanted to branch out and live a little today.
I was bored.
Ya, well I had all of the ingredients for spaghetti so I made that instead.
I added a little buffalo sauce to the meat sauce to kick it up a notch.
It was delicious.
But...I still wanted something out of the ordinary.
I happen to creep on recipe blogs daily and find scrumptious meals I can't live without.
Well, this was one of them.
It combined my TWO favorite ingredients: Chocolate + PB = Happy Me.
Then combine crunchy, chewy, and sin and you will have this desert.
I found this receipe at Jessica's Blog, which is my #1 favorite.
They were actually very easy to make and on the PLUS
side I had most of the ingredients. Hooray, always a good day!
I used 1.5 jars of PB, obviously his desert is a GOOD choice for anyone.



You can't tell me that doesn't look like the best decision you ever made in your life!

Ingredients:

1 batch brownies (I used boxed)
1/2 cup salted peanuts
1 cup chopped Reese’s peanut butter cups
1 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 1/2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal

The Plan:

Mix brownies according to directions, and bake for 20-25 minutes in a 9 x 13 baking dish. Remove and top with peanuts and peanut butter cups, and bake for 4-6 minutes more.
While they are finishing baking, melt chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter. Stir in cereal. Remove brownies from oven and evenly pour chocolate mixture over top.
Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
Make sure to refrigerate because the topping takes a bit to harden.

Pleasepleaseplease try to this sometime.
Jessica hasn't ever let me down...or my stomach.
I've never done crack..so I can't say it is better BUT
I know it is almost as good as buffalo sauce...
which is the same thing as crack in my mind...so there ya have it.

Who wants to do my dishes?
=)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...