Monday, March 7, 2011

It's the Simple Things

Sometimes we get distracted.
Sometimes we just give up.
Sometimes we forget what's important.
But sometimes....there is something to remind us to keep going.
It's the simple things.
The simple things like being healthy, having legs to walk,
arms to wave, and a mouth to speak.
We sometimes take advantage of these small everyday
activities we don't even think about doing.
Use those arms, hug someone. Use that mouth, smile at someone.
It's the stimple things.
If only everyone realized that the simple things matter the most.
Are remembered the most.
And have the most impact.
I enjoy being alive.
It's just the simple things.
Live today.
A co-worker today asked me how I was and I replied "Great!
We were so excited about Friday and now it's already Monday."
He said, "I'd rather be here than any hospital in the country."
Perfect.


It's as easy as a card to someone you card about.
A text saying "You are on my mind."
A smile to a stranger.
Holding the door open for the elderly.
Helping someone to their car with groceries.
It's just the simple things that make the world go round.

Question: If our riches were distinguished by happiness alone,  how rich would you be?
Would money even matter?
I know we aren't perfect. Everyone has problems.
Things aren't always good. It's life. It happens. A lot.
There are ruts. But taking the time to show someone you care
can make the world of difference not only for the other person,
but mostly for you.
Trust me.
Giving is the best gift.

No, this is not my only post today. But sometimes we just need to
be reminded that it's going to be okay. We will get through
the stressful interview, we will finish the awful paper, and we
will get through the struggling times.
Sometimes it's just the simple things that we need.
Maybe a spinach smoothie like you all loved. No? I think yes.
It will be okay.
One.Day.At.A.Time.
=)

XOXO

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...