Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Oh, The Places You Will Go

What I've learned today:

1.) Don't wish away your years.

You have got one chance for today. For this year. For this moment. Don't waste it. Cherish it. Live it.

2.) Who cares if it's a long walk...it is SENIOR night...you are a SENIOR. Freaking WALK.

Alright, so I was being a baby and couldn't find a spot to park ANYWHERE close to the fieldhouse to go to the KU basketball game. I told myself I was going to go home because I didn't want to walk 500 miles. Then I realized, wow....you get to go to a KU basketball game. For free. Not many people get to do that. It's senior night. You are a senior. Those are your people. Your homies. Your classmates. Take 15 minutes out of your life and just walk there. It will be worth it. It always is. Hints number 1. Live. In. The. Moment.

3.) If you look like you know what you are doing, people will think you actually do.

Long story short, they let me into the fieldhouse early because I looked like I knew what the heck I was doing. I didn't. I was nervous. The doors were locked. I couldn't get in. I panicked. I was dressed up, they thought I was important. Key word, "thought". I got in. Plus, I saw someone I worked for. They must of thought if he knows me I am not a terrorist. Or something like that. Be confident. It works. But cocky doesn't. Please do not get them confused.

4.) You will always be tired. Fight through it. Run around the block. Or in a circle. Whatever. Just move.

We are all tired sometimes. It's just how it works. Push through. You can do it. Move. Move. Move. Go. Go. Go. You'll get much more out of your day.

5.) Oh, The Places You Will Go is my all time favorite book and is the best book I've ever read to motivate and encourage people that it will always be okay.

Period.

6.) I love 4th graders.

Minus the fact they were talking about boyfriends and girlfriends. Yuck. Wyatt told me he was waiting until sixth grade though, good boy.

7.) You can't get anywhere in life being rude, mean, or a angry honker pants.

So stop honking. Stop yelling because I didn't turn exactly when the light turned green. Don't be grumpy because something happened to you that day. Where does it get you? Nowhere but on someone elses bad side. So....SMILE =) It's the cool thing to do. New trend, keep it goin.

8.) I am fortunate to have this life. To be heatlhy. To be filled with love. The end.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 14 - A picture of someone you could never imagine your life without

Hi, Fiance.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...