Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A Crisis

Two posts in one day. Whew.
But, I have a crisis.
And little man is asleep, so I figured I'd ask you all.
A wedding crisis.

I am freaking out.

The problem?
I'm questioning our wedding date.
Why?

1.) October 20th, our date, is in the middle of my grad school that I'm supposed to be starting next Fall.
2.) I don't want to live with Jeff before we get married.
{he will be living in a town 2.5 hours from where I live now...close to my grad school}
I think that is one joy of being married, and I don't want to
mess it up by living with him before hand. Ya know? Or maybe I'm just whack.
Either way I stressing a tad & wondering if I should change it.



ya..has nothing to do with anything, but it made me smile. Fro yo?

The only reason I didn't want to have it next summer because I was going
to be student teaching for an entire year {in my current town} and knew I'd be busy and stressed
and felt like I wouldn't be able to put a full effort into each of them...and that definitely is not what I wanted to do. Especially since both of them are very important things.
Hints moving the date to October.
{1st date was June 23}

Words of wisdom?

Bring em on.
Pretty pretty please with a strawberry on top!








7 comments:

Heather said...

My thoughts (as a seasoned married woman of 1.5 years & a wedding planner):

1. You CAN do it. And it will all be worth it in the end.

2. Nothing wedding related is really worth stressing over. I always had to stop and thing about the reason for the wedding, instead of the details.

The best advice I can give is: Hire a wedding planner. I am a wedding planner and I had one. ;)

Gina said...

Stick with the date you've picked. Moving it to June could possibly be hard now. I'm pretty sure it's the most popular month to get married so I would assume all your vendors would be in high demand which means they could possibly charge you more.
Also, don't move in with the fiance. Whether it's cost effective, less of a drive or anything else....it will be worth the wait! As for taking a honeymoon during school, that's something that can wait too.

Unknown said...

personally i moved my date in the summer because i knew i would be stressed with student teaching and finishing up grad school next fall as well. i tend to be okay with multi-tasking but i agree with you when you want to put 110% into both things! If you're really stressed about changing it then do so. Nothing worse then freaking out and making yourself sick over it hun. Plus the honeymoon can wait until after your settled and done student teaching. At least, thats my game plan right now. alway here to help sweetie! xo

Amanda C. said...

I say do what you feel is right in your heart. My hubby and I lived together before we were married so after the wedding it wasn't a big deal. Looking back that kinda makes me sad. I planned my wedding during my clinical rotation so I know you could do it if you wanted to. Everything for the wedding will fall into place. Like someone already said June is a busy month for weddings so check with all your venders for availability before you make the switch. Good luck.

A Babbling Brunette said...

I totally agree with you on the not wanting to live together before you are married thing. I think it would totally take away that newlywed feeling. Also, I think it would be too much for anyone to be in grad school while getting close to a wedding date. I'm sure it's doable but I think you'd def be stressed. I say do what is best for the two of you and if you want to move the date, then you should! :)

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

I would stick with the date you picked! I worked full-time, moved in with my fiance (now my hubby), went to grad school, and planned a wedding in five months. It's definitely doable! I'll warn you though, it was stressful!

Lindsay said...

We must we at at the same stage of wedding planning because I'm starting to think that too! I think it's normal to get cold feet about alot of wedding things!

Try not too stress! You picked that date for a reason and it made sense at the time. Try to get in that mind set again and maybe it will become clearer for you!

Good luck!
xo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...