Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Da Truth

Truthful Tuesday
plays off of my post yesterday.



all giggles, smiles, love, and happiness.

HAHA. haha. ya.....

{crazy.... teacher's don't like me creepin in on their classes , who woulda thunk it ;)}

Truth Is....

The Teacher's Lounge is my enemy.
worst thing ever.
awful.
i'm never going back.
they didn't speak one word to me.
not one single little
"oh how is your first day going?!"
"how are you liking the school and the kids?!"
"anything we can help you with?"
"get the eff out of our building"
"you are taking my seat bia"
nothing.
i stared at my sandwhich a whole 20 minutes.
brutal.


I need to get on their level.
i forget they've only been alive about six years.
"dotted-lines" may not have ever been in their vocab,
i need to stop "assuming". sho do.
they are cute little boogers though, and really wish
they could play with legos instead of do school work.
like one kid said "why do we have to learn, why can't
we just play with leggos?" ha ha ya i wish that too buddy.
another gal said she was getting a climbing wall  and a smart board in her playroom
i asked if her i could come live with her.
but on the other hand one told another chica
"i'm going to punch your lights out and break yours glasses"
ouchy.



Kids > Adults.
they make me laugh about every other minute.
the things they say just crack me up.
and they flipping are obsessed with animals. obsessed.
they watched the hamster every waking moment hoping it would wake up.
and love love love praise.
and eating.
and recess.
and P.E.
and playdough.
and coloring.
that's about it.
haha.
i love them though and that is the one and only reason I am in the career i am.
i think a lot of people don't give them a chance they deserve.
and i think they all have potential beyond what they put on.
and it makes me smile extra wide when they come up to me and ask
"how's this one ms. jacquinot? i did it!"
ya, that kicks major butt.
love.it.mucho.
just flipping despise that teacher's lounge.


p.s. yes I realize there are no captials.
i leave rules at school :)

p.s.s. sad no pictures...it may be creepy taking snap shots during class.
or may get me kicked out. one or the other.



6 comments:

Unknown said...

aw i know how it goes girl ha. i remember when i student taught and in the teacher lounge no one talked to me either..so awkward and i just wanted advice/meet new fellow teachers like myself! ps kids>adults every time ;)

Anonymous said...

So sad that your school's lounge/teachers aren't friendly!! Hope that it changes...

Love the observations of the students. I love the funny things they can say :)

Ashley said...

awww...hope things get better and you have a great year!!!

Amanda C. said...

I am glad that you are enjoying the kids so much. I am sorry that the teachers lounge is so brutal. You will just have to remember to be kind to the student teachers once you are on the other side.

Amanda said...

Aww..hearing about the teacher's lounge makes me sad : ( you can come teach my ninth graders with me...the teacher's lounge here is really nice (people wise...not room wise...it's old unused classroom...not classy at all...but the people...super nice)!

Sierra said...

What?! I can't believe the teachers are behaving that way! They should be nice even though you are new. I hate it when people think they are all that. You are ALL THAT! xoxo!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...