Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wedding Wednesday {Guest Post - Mackey Madness}



Boy do I have a treat for y'all this Wedding Wednesday.
Megan from Mackey Madness is guest posting for me while
I am looking like a chipmunk after getting my wisdom teeth out yesterday.
I'm so excited because she is wonderful, so sweet, and had a bomb diggity wedding.
If you haven't been to her blog yet, you should probably do that right after you read her post.
Now for some wedding talk with Megan.
:)

*************************************************************************

Hiiii friends! My name is Megan and I blog over at Mackey Madness!




I am ecstatic to be guest posting for Molly! Today I'm sharing my personal tips on how to make your wedding day as smooth and perfect as can be. These are just my opinions...I'm no professional, I've only done it once! ; )


1) Give yourself plenty of time when planning. 


The last thing that you want is to feel rushed on your wedding day. If you estimate that something (like getting everyone's hair done) is going to take 3 hours, give yourself 4 hours. You want to be able to be relaxed and enjoy the little moments of the day, not screaming at everyone to hurry because you are running behind. 




2) Eat. And again I say EAT!


Do NOT skip meals on your wedding day. That is not going to make you any skinnier and you will be irritable and tired the entire day. Eating will give you energy and settle your stomach. We ate donuts and pizza on my wedding day. #noskinnieshere




3) Be normal. 


What do I mean by this? Wear your hair and makeup as normally as possible, obviously a little fancier or nicer than day to day life. Don't try a new way of doing your makeup the day of without practicing beforehand. You do not want to get the pictures back and think "I don't look like myself." Plus, your husband wants to marry YOU, not someone so heavily made up that it doesn't look like you. 




4) Rely on other people to help you. 


Just because you are the bride, does not mean that you have to do everything yourself. Make sure that your family and friends know what you want beforehand so that they can help you out on your wedding day. You are going to be nervous, excited, flustered, and anxious...you don't need to be pulled in ten different directions. 




5) Laugh. 


Be willing to laugh at the little things that go wrong. Hey, guess what, something IS going to go wrong. Something will be a little bit off from what you wanted. Laugh at it. It really doesn't matter in the long run. Plus, these little things add character to your day. One of my best friends knocked her entire unity candle table over. Everyone froze, waiting to see her reaction. She started laughing hysterically and everyone joined in. It's still such a great memory and people will never forget her wedding...and her great attitude!




6) Talk in depth with your photographer beforehand. 


This is MAJOR. Besides the actual memories of the day, the pictures are some of the most important things. They will shape the way that you remember your day. Make sure that your photographer knows exactly what you want. Be direct and honest: "I want a close up picture of the kiss," "I want to take bride and groom pictures after outside," or "I want lots of pictures from our first dance." They can't read your mind! 




I hope that some of these tips will help some future bride out there! Married, engaged, or not...what do y'all think? Do y'all agree or disagree? Any tips of y'alls own? I'd love to hear them!


Thanks so much for having me, Molly!! It was a joy!

*******************************************************************************

Thank for sharing Megan!
So glad you could join us for the best day of the week :)
I will definitely be using ALL of those tips considering my wedding is less than a YEAR now.




-MOLLY-







15 comments:

Ashley said...

I love Megan! I'm visiting from her blog today. (:

These are some great tips for a wedding day... especially the eating part. Things get so busy and sometimes it's too easy to not eat enough, so make sure to eat plenty... weddings are tiring! ;)

Definitely expect something to go wrong... and try not to worry when it does. My husband and I went to a wedding that had a small tornado go by the wedding venue the morning of.... but there was no damage and the day was perfectly sunny after that.

Amanda said...

LOVEEEEE MEGAN! These are awesome tips. When the day comes, I'll be sure to keep these in mind!

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

My hubby did just about all the planning. Well at least talking and calling the vendors. We planned everything in five months. I would say make sure you hire 2 photographers. If you can take off a few fays before the wedding and after that makes a reat difference :)

Amanda C. said...

Love the guest post. Hope you feel better.

Megan said...

Thanks so much for having me, Molly! You are the best! Hope you feel better soon!!

Katie said...

Love this advice! I just got married on August 5th [after planning a wedding in two months] and think this advice is right on the money.

www.spark-a-smile.blogspot.com

Emily grapes said...

Such good advice. I love the if it's 3 hours, plan for 4. That's how everything is. And I completely agree with keeping yourself looking like yourself.

She's such a sweetie!

Emily w/Amazing Grapes

Lauren said...

Love Megan! I'm a new follower! :) I'm so glad she helped me find your blog! I'm getting married in 10 days! What is your wedding date!? I'm so excited for you! Feel better!

Amber Marie said...

visiting from Mackey Madness! These are great tips! She is such a REAL kind of writer and spirit!I think this is anti-bridzilla 101! Enjoying A Midwestern Touch :)

Lindsay said...

Very cute post!! Loved all the tips!! I need all I can get! :-)

Heather said...

Those are all great tips!

I hope you're feeling alright, Molly!

Courtney B said...

Love this! And I totally agree...EEEEAT! I totally forgot to eat breakfast and I had massive hunger pains during our wedding. (we got married in the morning) So dido to the eating :)

Alexis Kaye said...

I just love Megan. and I REALLY agree with the EATing part! seriouly, getting married is exhaustng. you NEED the food. I also really agree with looking like yourself. It's weird sometimes to see people's wedding and they look totally different.

www.alexislaughs.com

Melissa M. said...

Visiting from megan's blog. I got married about 5 years ago, and these are GREAT tips! I especially like #3 and #5. #3 is so important... don't let your friends talk you into getting a big makeover for your wedding day! Boy do I have a story about that... and #5 was what I had to do when 2 of my bridesmaids came with their dresses COMPLETELY wrinkled and there were no dry cleaners open... my mom had to bring her iron & ironing board and iron them inside out so we weren't able to take barely any pictures at all of us girls. Sad, but stuff happens! In the end it's all about you, your spouse, and celebrating your love for eachother, :-)

Michelle said...

LOVE Megan and her tips! They were all great!! Such good advice ;)

Hope you're feeling better! :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...