Sunday, August 21, 2011

Insecurities

Sundays are probably my favorite day of the week.

What is better than getting to relax, go to church {which I should do WAY more often than I do}, take a long nap and getting to slow down for two seconds from your busy week and most likely weekend to just enjoy the finer things in life.

I love em'.
Minus the fact that Jeffro leaves on Sunday's these days,
that kind of put a large fat damper on my love for them currently.


 
However,
today's message at church was a good Sunday message I really needed to hear.
Topic:  Insecurities.



"It's Always Something."

From your unwanted cowlick to the stain on our shirt,
there is always something that makes us insecure.


But God made us the way we are for a reason.
Unique.
One of a kind.


So instead of relishing on the things we don't enjoy about ourselves,
which many times leads to being negative towards others {at least in my world}....
we just need to love them. Take pride in them even.
And realize they make us who we are.



And instead of looking at other's to figure out who we are,
we just need to look within own stinking selves. Most people who judge and critque us don't even know what THEY think or who THEY even are.


I see myself too many times comparing myself to others.
Wishing I had "better this" or "not that".
Picking out stupid things I wish I could change about myself.
Why not be happy with who I am?
The exact person that I was made to be.
Seems a whole lot easier that way.


Just thought I'd share.
It's always a good message to be reminded of.
And need to remember it on a daily basis.


HAPPY SUNDAY.
whoop whoop





6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing. I love that deepest fear quote, I'm going to write that down.

Caitlin said...

I love this post and the inspiration from it. It's so hard to step back sometimes and realize how blessed we are rather than wishing to be better at this or look different JUST because someone else has something different than us.

I love the last quote/picture. So true. <3

Emily said...

whoaaaa. that last quote is a thinker. love this whole post, though. i also had a good service at church tonight, God's doin some work today :)

A Babbling Brunette said...

Great post. Thanks for sharing. That quote is so crazy to think about! I need to remember to thank God for more on a daily basis!

Amanda C. said...

I love this post. If only letting go of insecurities was as easy as knowing how dumb they are. The last quote really made me think too. I would be seriously lacking. :/

Lauren Nicole said...

lovely post! so true!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...