Monday, August 8, 2011

Surprise, Surprise

Remeber Momma J's birthday last Tuesday?
Well this past weekend my Dad & Little Brother put together a
surprise party for her on Friday night in honor of the big day.
Even after plans changed, they were still able to pull off the surprise
and really get my mom. Little Brother only had a few hours to pull off making the food,
setting everything up, and even had to work that day.
{i would have helped but i had to work in a town 2 hours away so I wasn't able to
get there until an hour before mom got there}
He deserves the "child of the year" award.




Surprisingly as well, mostly everyone we invited for the shindig showed up.
Jeff even showed up at midnight after driving 8 hours from Minnesota just to make
it for the party. Ya, I think I'll keep him. :)
It was a blast celebrating her big day with her closest friends and family
and obviously partying the night away.

Saturday my older brother & his wife showed up and I got to see
my adorable little niece.
 She can "pound it" and quack like a duck. She's legit.




Later in the day we all went to the
Interstate Fair & Rodeo in a town near by.
I stinking love fairs.
Especially this one because it means so much to Mr. Fiance.
Jeff got the ol VIP and we were able to park behind the stage for the concert.
Two Steps Back, Casey Donahew, & Joe Nichols were the acts for the night.
Pretty awesome line up and we practically had front row seats
without having to deal with the crazy teenagers screaming for 4 straight hours.
Minus the fact that right when the leading act {joe nichols} came on it started raining and lightning.
Guess it was time for us to leave and hit up the town.


 

Then Jeff, his friend, and I went out to boogey the night away at a local bar.
I, however, decided I would drink about 50 beers too many.
Always a bad idea.
Oh, and to make it all peachy....we had to meet with Father in the morning
to talk about what we had to do in order to get married in my church.
Fail again.

The good news is we made it to the meeting with Father on time
and it went really well. Or in Jeff's words "that was cake".
I was stressing for nothing.

Then we had a fabulous home cooked meal by my Mom,
and slowly the crew started to depart and head back to their homestead.
If only we could all live in the same place....

Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!





5 comments:

Unknown said...

aww what a fun weekend! how fun to put a surprise party for Momma J xoo

Michelle said...

yay for surprise parties! looks like she enjoyed it! :) glad you had a great weekend! xoxo

Amanda C. said...

What a sweet suprise for your mom! The fair sure sounds like a good time. Glad you made it to the church.

ashleigh said...

love surprises =]
you and your fiance are adorbs;

Michelle said...

Surprise parties are always so fun!!! I love to see the look on the face of the guest of honor!!! It is always so genuine and happy!!!!

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...